Problems with people not sending stuff thats been paid for

Long (and funny) reads, but THIS is how forum scammers are dealt with. You don't wring your hands. You go all 4chan on their asses:

This one is so legendary the term "getting Wenzeled" is on urbandictionary.com now.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat-classics/399203-d60-rear-4-88s-35-spline.html

The NSX forum found/disclosed literally EVERYTHING about this scamming member up to and including his Sex Offender Registry listing.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98489&page=51

i dont do gift for anything over £10-£15 (whichever i can afford to risk at that time - regardless of reputation. people with a good reputation understand this, so its not taken as offense.
if someone insists on gift regardless of me stating my position, my alarm bells ay start ringing.

the rest is common sense. the rules are here as a guide.

Whilst it has become more noticeable recently, it's still a tiny proportion of the number of deals done on here daily, if we start getting all Daily Mail about it it will make everybody paranoid and everything will end up on eBay.

why is it when someone has a view another doesn't agree with they say your being "all daily mail about it" :facepalm:

Higlighting those who take advantage of the forums general trust equity is a good thing as it helps warn others before they fall foul

After being scammed once on ebay about 10 years ago by a fraudster and a payment by nochex (when no one offered buyer protection) I now always pay the fees (even when asked for gift) and always use recorded delivery.

Carl.

sylus":yd1eygf4 said:
why is it when someone has a view another doesn't agree with they say your being "all daily mail about it" :facepalm:

Higlighting those who take advantage of the forums general trust equity is a good thing as it helps warn others before they fall foul

I completely agree and i think you made a good point, but this isn't the first post about this and rather than dwelling on the occasional member who takes advantage we should just reinforce good practice when trading. It wasn't meant to be a personal insult and i apologise if it was taken that way.

I think it's more..if they have less than 12 months in the forum then definately use paypal and not paypal gift

I still think everyone new and old should be more pro-active with the feedback page, that's what its there for.

I have resisted trading with some people who have had no feedback only to find out they have bought and sold on here for ages, but no-one including themselves bothered to set up a page.

Back