2013 Kona Range.

I like the dark colours. It makes the bikes a bit different when comparing to bright colours used by Specialized or Trek.

I think they decided to go minimal, with their simple promo posters and frame paint works. It suits Kona's :cool:

The 2011 range was a bit more vivid though.

The hydro forming on the full sussers is hideously ugly and pointless to boot. I know Kona arent alone in that but it bugs me.

I don't mind it. The Kona DH bikes have always been a bit ugly...the original Stab Primo's had a kink in the down tube and a seat tube at a funny angle. The process looks pretty good too.

My favourite year for Konas was 1997 though. They all looked ace.

coomber":1d40bvhu said:
The hydro forming on the full sussers is hideously ugly and pointless to boot. I know Kona arent alone in that but it bugs me.

+1

All those bent tubes just look ucking fugly.

Not all hydro forming is bad, some bikes look pretty good but some companies do seem to be going a bit mental with it.

I think IRS here to stay though. The likes of Giant have been doing it for ages, as have Santa Cruz.

I can cope with a bit, but the amount on the downtube etc, theres no logical or structural reason for it. And it looks ugly!

Mindmap3":wc8tj5f1 said:
I don't mind it. The Kona DH bikes have always been a bit ugly...the original Stab Primo's had a kink in the down tube and a seat tube at a funny angle. The process looks pretty good too.

My favourite year for Konas was 1997 though. They all looked ace.

Had a 1997 kilauea myself and agree on that, one of those bikes I wished I kept.
Swapped it for a car with my mate :LOL:

coomber":bz8z7ygf said:
Structurally, on a DH frame, its likely to do this:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl= ... s:20,i:208

Excuse the long link!

That's crazy, look at this

pbpic2899418-1.jpg

Back