Retro Road Ride - Gospel Pass Saturday 17th November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Saturday morning bump!!! Not long now !

Can we tickle the fancy of anymore?

I headed out on the Golden Gate this morning for a pre-route recce. I didn't go over the Pass as I had to be back promptly but did enjoy a crisp clear day on filthy roads (at one point I forded a shallow stream across the road) with beautiful views so here's a few photos to whet the appetite......

'Wooly dogs' enjoying some autumnal sun
PB030010.jpg

I always stop here and the 17th will be no different
PB030006.jpg

The Golden Gate shows off the rare 'autumn foilage camo'
PB030005.jpg

I love it when it is dirty....
PB030004.jpg

Sun dappled roads
PB030003.jpg

One day, all this will be mine, mine I tell you
PB030001.jpg

Looks ace Ed , Fingers crossed the weather shines upon us on the day :cool:

Are we having a jumble afterwards? thinking of bringing Stanley our sexually confused king Charles :LOL: :LOL:

What are the bail options? I still haven't fully recovered from the last ride we did! Come to think of it, my bike hasn't either. The crank keeps coming loose! I have now adjusted the gears so I can get the 23 big gear at the back. Will the hills be of a similar elk to last time?

I'm actually going riding now (too bright for the planned fly fishing) so will test 1st gear out!

Iwasgoodonce":20xaryrs said:
What are the bail options? I still haven't fully recovered from the last ride we did! Come to think of it, my bike hasn't either. The crank keeps coming loose! I have now adjusted the gears so I can get the 23 big gear at the back. Will the hills be of a similar elk to last time?

I'm actually going riding now (too bright for the planned fly fishing) so will test 1st gear out!

I understand its much flatter than the previous route :cool:

Do you not have anymore teeth kicking about? what speed do you run?

Iwasgoodonce":3d57o195 said:

I'll likely go with 39x27 or 28 and reckon 23 would be a pretty low rev struggle.

There are bail out options that I can explain on the day but suggest coming along as it'll be a grand day out. If you live.

Iwasgoodonce":s7tdihmy said:

Go oooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn. You know you want to. You earnt macho points last time with your man's gearing so why not try fixed :LOL:

P.s i'm going and i dont even have a suitable bike yet :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back