CHEAP WINTER HACK!! GREAT BIKE SO SHE IS,SOLD SOLD SOLD

Charlieboy28

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
CHEAP WINTER HACK!! GREAT BIKE SO SHE IS,

In response to a wanted ad I realised I had enough parts for a hack bike build.

A last minute occurrence which meant I could not go on the long mynd ride   meant I had a free day on my hands, so I set to work with my big new tin of Gunk engine degreaser ( which I suspect is simply red diesel) building up the bike.

The bike has been completely stripped, degreased, re-greased and rebuilt with new cables and new pads.

Years of built up grime have been stripped away. The bike is as clean and smooth running as a bike brand new from the bike shop and I’m actually quite proud of how she rides and how well she came together
Hubs have been stripped, degreased and repacked and are running smooth as anything.

so what do you get?

Frame 20 inch c-t MTN TEK Comp ST in purple/blueberry. 7005 aluminium with some quirky square tubed rear chain and seat stays. set up for my height (5'9) but would suit taller.

Forks RST 380R Team Series suspension forks, great condition and actually work really well.

Bars and quill stem from a Giant brand bike so half decent.
Scott grips and aluminium bar ends.

Diacompe DP 7 levers, Shifters Deore front, 8 speed Alivio rear.
Fresh polished STX V brakes with some purple bling with new pads .

Cables are mix of Jagwire and SP41.

STX front mech and a Minty Rear STX mech.

Giant chainset, steel rings with VP pedals in very good condition.
Virtually new UN54 bottom bracket.

Wheels rear 8 speed RM40 with Rigida rim, front Formula hub with Araya rim. freshly packed with grease, rims have virtually no wear, slight slight wobble to rear. Formula skewers. Green ano valve caps.
Tyres are “Swallow” Mountain bike Tyres , cheap wire rim not light, but new.

Chain SRAM PC49 virtually new, cassette 8 speed shimano HG50 I think, low miles.

Saddle is Madison G11 comfort gel with Kalloy or somesuch seatpost.
Silver QR seat clamp.

Free with Lashes of charlie love and care, sweat and elbow grease.

The frame does have some patina as do some of the parts, everything is clean as clean can be and functioning perfectly. Bike shifts silky smooth.
This is a perfect winter hack bike, station bike, pub bike, which is fully fettled and ready to ride.

I’m looking for £60 Collected or £80 posted ONO which really is a bargain.
Loadsa pics

Let me know if you need any more info.
P1000559_zpsfe85bbe0.jpg

P1000570_zpsad54529f.jpg

P1000567_zps27659da9.jpg

P1000566_zpscf19de2e.jpg

P1000565_zpse9b29fa9.jpg

P1000564_zps6e722172.jpg

P1000563_zpsd7d289ac.jpg

P1000562_zps8839deac.jpg

P1000561_zps128c2219.jpg

P1000560_zps1d7796bf.jpg

P1000558_zps59048292.jpg

P1000557_zpsc50b7a93.jpg

P1000571_zps7b1afd01.jpg

I like the way the decals look like they are supposed to say "compost"

Joking aside that's a decent little pub bike or mud dipper for someone right there

cce":14bpekzu said:
I like the way the decals look like they are supposed to say "compost"

it really is crying out for an O, im gonna get me a sticker

for £60 she is a hundred times betterer than a BSO or carboot special, working sweet as also :cool: :cool: :cool:

come on you crazy kids make me an offer on this beauty.

A disposable bike that purrs as you ride her, although that may be the chunky tyres. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

you will all be sorry when she sells,

you will keep muttering to yourselves now why didnt i by that fully fettled ready to ride spotlessly clean working faultlessly bike that charlieboy put many many hours of hard work and care in to.

It would have be perfect for the winter so it would. a bike like that with parts in that condition and so very very clean is going to run for years and years without bother

And i will say well i did tell you so, and dont say i didnt warn you and things to that effect,

and you will say oh yes charlie you did but we didnt listen, we were foolish and now we are sorry and we will have to live with this regret until our dying day.

but all of this anguish can be avoided you know.

Bike

Can't believe you stripped that Giant ! I told you how sentimental it was and you promised to love it !
Looks like you had a busy day ! Well done fella , just need to sell it !
What happened to the long mynd ?[/i]

i told you i only needed the wheels. and the rest of her has all been put to good use with nothing wasted. only an stx shifter hasnt yet been used

i am rather taken with the box frame, still toying with the idea of building her up with full xt.

however, there are currently 12 bikes including wife and sarahs in the garage and another on the way so dont hold your breath, i may be forced to sell the box 2 frame.

if i say work and women put pay to long mynd i need say no more.

you still up for getting out somewhere this weekend ;)

Back