Cannondale 19????

Think 1989s had the old train station headbadge and was the first year with the 3.0 frame.

The rear drop outs, the cable guides and the U brake it could be an 88 with newer parts ? The headbadge points to 1990

http://www.vintagecannondale.com/info.html

Sure 24pouces will be along in a bit and clear it up

:D

ooh...wicked bike btw.....glad you are keeping it. I love my 89 dale.

The frame is before 1989 : the diagonal ube is not 2" as 3.0 frames, and only the 1990 Beast of the East frame used a U brake.
For knowing exactly the year : look at the serial number under the stays ;)

It's after 1992 decals and they got nothing to do on such a frame. If you want the good decals, perhaps, I got the solution :D

What a blast from the past... a friend of mine had one with a very simular set up (same colour and Pace forks),
I always thought it was a cool rig and since he was a lanky bugger it must have been a 21' frame (maybe larger) with the worlds longest headtub/fork steerer like yours.
I'm just six foot tall but it felt like I was a 10yr old riding my dads bike when I took it for a spin :D

Sadly it all ended in tears when he got knocked off on a round about and the car crushed part of the frame :twisted:
I thought all this subsiquent Dales looked poop. :oops:

Nice to see one again... thanks for sharing

24pouces":1aanjwy3 said:
The frame is before 1989 : the diagonal ube is not 2" as 3.0 frames, and only the 1990 Beast of the East frame used a U brake.
For knowing exactly the year : look at the serial number under the stays ;)

It's after 1992 decals and they got nothing to do on such a frame. If you want the good decals, perhaps, I got the solution :D

Tell me more...

Antstark":2jpskv4r said:
I've got a complete 1988 Deore groupset knocking about if you want to go period. :D

If this was my build thread I'd have just creamed my Pants at that offer :LOL:

Antstark":13ofoeta said:
I've got a complete 1988 Deore groupset knocking about if you want to go period. :D

Thanks for the offer.....I know I said it was a keeper but odds are that It will go to make way for another so no point really mate :D

Racin'snake":3qvkko3e said:
Antstark":3qvkko3e said:

Thanks for the offer.....I know I said it was a keeper but odds are that It will go to make way for another so no point really mate :D

I think it falls within the boundaries of the RB definition of a 'keeper'......i.e you managed to actually ride it before the sale photos had finished uploading to photobucket. :D :D

Racin'snake":1tc9g4uz said:
Thanks.... just found the frame number which is 20082488020....so Im guessing 88 it is?!
You are right, weld in the end of august 1988. The last year befoe the 3.0 frame.
For the decals…
send me a PM ;)

Back