Frames with yellow decals-Your pics please.

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
A slightly odd request i here you say :D
I'm going to strip and repaint my new project.
Sonic cycles who made the frame have been good enough to send me some decals FOC but the only colour they had left was yellow :LOL:

So i'd like to see what colour schemes are out there including yellow decals to give me some ideas :D

The frame has really nice lugs so i'm thinking maybe detail those with a yellow pinstripe?

Help me out here folks :D

Dark blue and yellow looks really good as on my old Gazelle :cool: I've also got an early 70s Colnago which is bright green with yellow decals, haven't got a pic of mine but its the same as this one ;)

gaze7.jpg

2799098581_69180ee1af_z.jpg

..or the classic Italian red or `Saronni' red after the '82 World Champ - I've 3 bikes from different builders with similar colour shemes.

Attachments

• DSC_0177 Small.jpg
    DSC_0177 Small.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 586

Hmm...Blue powdercoat for the frame then chrome paint the lugs, apply decals and clearcoat to finish :cool:
A plan is starting to form ;)

For maximum contrast between frame colour and your yellow transfer, try purple. For less contrast, red or blue. for less still, orange or green. Depends how 'in your face', or subtle, you want to be with your branding :)

Sorry I got no pics.

This is my Duell Pursuit. As you can see, I went all out with the yellow details. Frame colour is a sort of greenish blue (sea green?), looks very nice I think.

pursuit_125.jpg

Opinion

My opinion, thats worth absolutely nothing remember, is so far either the green Colnago or the Duell, leaning a lot more towards the Duell.
Grannygrinder, once you've narrowed it down you should put a poll up :) I know you are going with your own choice but it would be interesting to see what the majority think.
I also think its brilliant, and didnt think I was the only one so inclined, to base a bikes refurbishment around the colour of a decal available, briliant :LOL:

Jamie

Back