Am I dreaming?

I have the bike!

Well after a 12 hours of driving I have my new Rossin! Pictured with my favorite backdrop, my neighbor's neglected garage.

Bike overall is in great shape, but not perfect with some paint chips and touchups. It fit's me nicely though which was a relief after my 6 hour drive just to see the bike in person.

Seems to have early Chorus gruppo with the exception of Dura Ace shifters and rd, and horrible Wellgo pedals. Saddle is dated 1987, so i'm guessing bike might be a 88? 3TT bars and stem.

BB shell has nifty info. 57 is stamped (obviously frame size) and SLX which must be the model. After all my frustration with the seller over frame size it would have been nice to have this information from the beginning.

Anyway I love the bike and plan to take her for a ride today and rebuild this winter (good cleaning and regrease). I also hope to also find the correct shifters and rd in time. Naturally I will be taking lots of pictures to share on the forum.

Thanks to the RB's for the advice!

Attachments

• Rossin.jpg
    Rossin.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 227
Good score... :) That rainbow Rossin and your neighbour's garage set eachother off nicely!

When you said: "two states over" I didn't realise that was a 6 hour trip, but thinking about it, I suppose it would be. Looks like you might have raised that saddle a bit already?

It was a long drive and day.....

Hit the road at 4am, returned at 4pm with only 2 pit stops on the way. Survived on coffee, mini-doughnuts, tortilla chips, and half of my collection of cd's to keep my mind occupied. All the way down I kept questioning my sanity, but it was worth it.

The bike is large and i've had to drop the seatpost about an inch lower than seen in the picture. Top tube is okay and I can stand over the bike without any unwanted contact.

Hope it rides as good as it looks. Both are subjective I suppose....

I kept questioning my sanity,

Paradoxically, retaining the ability to do that is about the best indicator of sanity there is... :? :)

That's a hefty bottom bracket casting... is there a seperate chainstay bridge?

If anybody can understand my mission it would fellow RB's, all my friends thought I was crazy.

There isn't a chainstay bridge and i'm not sure it would need one. The bb shell looks quite stout.

After looking over the bike I noticed a TSD stamp on the non-drive side dropout. Clearly a Ten Speed Drive imported bike.

I also removed the seatpost to take a peek at the seat tube, luckily no sign of rust, that put a huge smile on my face. Bike came from Portland OR which is a very rainy part of the world.

Can't wait to ride her!

Back