My 1989 Caloi Montana

Old School MTN BKR

Dirt Disciple
I know, it´s an horrible and cheap bicycle, but I love it:

paralama001rm3.jpg

paralama002bt5.jpg

paralama003lc4.jpg

It was my first mountain bike in the late 80´s, with 15 speeds and Dia Compe large BMX side pull brakes. Now it´s just a simple single speed bike to commute around the town and even small trips.

In the first pic it looks like it's going so fast that the frame has started to parrallelogram backwards, quite the relaxed seat and head tube angles!

It has a certain funkiness to it though, l like the flaming slicks and DXs.

mechagouki":8ic1068i said:
In the first pic it looks like it's going so fast that the frame has started to parrallelogram backwards, quite the relaxed seat and head tube angles!

It has a certain funkiness to it though, l like the flaming slicks and DXs.

The slacker seat angle is a problem because the seatpost diameter is only 25,4 and I´m over six foot six and weight about 300 pounds.

cruiser015wb8.jpg

My dad give me this bike on my 9th birthday, brand new. I´m riding it for the past 19 years (I´m 28 y.o. now). It´s really funny when you get older with the bike.

Horrible and cheap!

That is one cool push iron brother. :cool: :D

Treat her to some new paint and a bit of ol skool pin striping. She would win my bike of the month!

It aint the the Quility or rarity, its the look.And you got that!

Cheers,Al

al":393sps1p said:
Horrible and cheap!

That is one cool push iron brother. :cool: :D

Treat her to some new paint and a bit of ol skool pin striping. She would win my bike of the month!

It aint the the Quility or rarity, its the look.And you got that!

Cheers,Al

I´m going to paint it next month. Let´s see what happens...

:D

jango":393sps1p said:
that's got some laaaaiid back angles, I love it :cool:

What does it ride like?

The ride is more or less like a Ford Galaxie from the mid 60´s.

It´s funny because I use this Caloi to go to the gym in the early morning. In the end of the day, when I go to the college, I use my 1995 Kona Kula and I feel like I´m on a road bike, even with the higher rolling resistance of the Ritchey Z-Max tires.

Black and gold metal flake with some stripping! Also whitewalls would be the nuts too!

Just got a 67 Volvo Amazon for the wife. Now i just need to convince her the car needs a few custom touches! ;)

Cheers,Al

Back