Best headset for around £25-30?

retrocomeback":1txixuez said:
Really Cyfa? That's news to me mate :shock:

Yeah seen 2 or 3 exploded ones like where the cup has split away from the flange that sits in frame and longevity is questionable i have read.
Your link goes to nothing. Not sure on the model specifics though, i do know the split ones were the FR ones i think.

I bought one of the crank bros headsets cheap from CRC for my hardtail and I haven't died yet!

It seems pretty well made. When removing it from the Lopes I managed to knock the bottom part of the lower cup out, sending bearings flying everywhere. 2Pure sent me a new one for free, no questions asked.

That has given me a bit more confidence in it.

I think with headsets you can find someone who has destroyed whatever you are looking at.

Yeah it's the FR one I've got and had tried to link to (link looks correct but displays incorrectly, weird! :? ) I haven't properly used it in anger yet but will keep a close eye on it, cheers mate.

Never had any issues with FSA Orbit headsets and I have them on a few of my modern and older bikes.
I've also been using some of the headsets from Superstar Components.
Great price and great quality. No issues so far.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back