Almega From Indonesia

andy_kingcab

Dirt Disciple
Hi..
I'm from indonesia, where retro bike was back to its former glory :D
I just got Almega frame in NOS condition, but its quite hard to find vintage parts such as LX, DX or suntour in here. So i just use my unused low budget part at my garage :D
And here is my aplinestar almega DX:

Attachments

• almega1.JPG
    almega1.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 952
  • almega2.JPG
    almega2.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 952
Welcome to Retro Bike

Prepared to spend to much money on your hobby, its very addictive

Your Alpinestar's looking good, most important thing is you use it and its not stuck in a garage
like many of the "Garage Queens" that appear on here in as new condition

please help, the FD hanger at my cromega were crack on delivery when i buy it, so i just cut it in order to make it cleanly...
now i use ACERA fd, but the problem is it can only shift at the biggest and middle chainring.
Should I grind the rest of FD hanger on seat tube? what kind of FD that can fit on my LX crank? (downpull, clamp 34.9)

Attachments

• IMG-20121120-00232.jpg
    IMG-20121120-00232.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 532
Hi Mr Kingcab

I've been following your thread for a while now and note that you've recently replaced your cranks ?

Personally I think your problem is due to the axle in your bottom being to long for your current cranks
best thing to do is remove your cranks and measure the Axle length and then check out the site below to see what the recommended lenght is
At a guess (and thats all it is) I think you should have an axel around 110mm long..

It is a common problem... enough for Sheldon to have a whole website dedicated to it.

http://sheldonbrown.com/bbsize.html

b.t.w Thumbs up for the changes you've made. :p

Hope this helps, If I'm talking boll0cks then I'm sure someone will flame me pretty quickly

Back