Murder confuzzlement

dbmtb":3jq10f4r said:
The writers of Doctor Who solved this conundrum aeons ago....

In time travel it is not possible to actually meet yourself or holes will open up in the fabric of time itself, causing the universe to implode in a great cataclism.

Or summat.

Easy solution then : go back in time and hire an assassin to kill yourself.

the mere act of creating the machine would affect you way before you had the chance,given that the effect would occur without you realising you would never be aware of it in the first place.secondly as the change would take place universally how would you know why you went back in the first place as the change would alter your thoughts too.you may say i want to go back in time...do the act ...become aware of your self at that point in time...be unaware of the fact you just travelled back in time and say to your self ..i wish i could go back in time.

perhaps we all have already ... ;)

TheGreenRabbit":2v9qky08 said:
Could a time machine go back in time to a point before it existed ?

you know , maybe it cant, if matter can neither be created nor destroyed , i.e there is a set amount, surely a time machine made out of a physical substance going back to a time where that matter was present but in another form would cause , erm something like really bad to happen, like the universe would explode probably.

Ha einstein never thought of that did he :cool: :cool:

Back