1992 Offroad Proflex 752

miliu":2aeqfmc8 said:
Well, here they are
8134536459_c358a1020f_c.jpg

They are the LT model. In my case the medium hardness (blue). There are 4 different. I bought them here:http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=11272
and here: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/es/elastomero-para-tijas-de-sillin-cane-creek-thodbuster-lt/.

You must make bigger the orifice. I drilled them until getting 12mm of diameter. Then I made them shorter. I don't remember the longitude, but you can use the same size of the broken ones.

If you get the black ones there will be practically identical to the originals.

I prefer the original fork with a ti XST flexstem like this:
8134580274_cc4661e05e_c.jpg

(yes, it's mine)

Or if you get a black one it will be nice too

Miliu

thats a nice original condition bike you have there, would like to see a full picture if possible
can I ask why the un-used cable guide on the top tube ?

Marzocchi Star Fork

Un used, still in box fresh from the late 80's / early 90's,
Bought these when I first got into MTB's but by the time I'd got a bike good enough to go racing on I puchased a set of Gold Marzocchi XCR600's with adjust damping
..... fast forward 20yrs and a trip down memory lane they've still yet to come out of the box and be shown a wheel,

Just spend a few mins looking at the schematic diagram in the user manual..... jez compaired to RS Judys
these bad boys sure have a lot of internal parts :shock: well made or over engineered ? judging by the weight I'd say over engineered

Attachments

• Marzocchi Star.jpg
    Marzocchi Star.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 1,717
  • Marzocchi Star Fork.jpg
    Marzocchi Star Fork.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 1,717
  • Star Fork box.jpg
    Star Fork box.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 1,718
Hi retrospud

I'll try to create a new post showing my rf-1 tonight or maybe tomorrowi.
I've just shown it at the spanish forum and I was finishing my translation to english. Once I finifsh it I'll show the bike.

About the space in the cable guides always has been that way, I don't know why.

miliu":yj3unekv said:
Hi retrospud

I'll try to create a new post showing my rf-1 tonight or maybe tomorrowi.
I've just shown it at the spanish forum and I was finishing my translation to english. Once I finifsh it I'll show the bike.

look forward to viewing post, agree you should start your own before we hi jack this one :oops:

Ha ha ha, ok, ok

I'll try to post it quickly, but i have a lot of info and translatimg isnkt easy as i thought.
I'll pm you to send the spanish post if u can't wait

And about the 752, it came with a black flexstem.
The 952 model was a titanium colour frame, with a ti flexstem mag20 forks. It's one of my favourite bikes (from proflex at least)

Try to find a mag with an article of the 952

i have been looking at specs of the bikes, i was right in what i remembered as being the specs

552 was 7 speed lx
752 was 7 speed dx
952 was 7 speed xt

all came with flexstems, and the 752 and 952 had the option of rockshox mag 20 forks, and as has been said the 952 was a Ti flexstem.

i bought my 552 as a frame only, then added mag 20's then built it with m900 xtr

currently my plan is to leave the front rigid, but get a flexstem, then strip either my alpinestars cromega or my orange aluminium elite, this will be temporary as i like both those bikes as they are, but this way i can see how it rides before i decide to go buy all the parts!! (me being sensible?)

anyway here are some pics i have found of each model, including one where a guy has made the frame into a tv stand! (and he's not using the brake rocker so i have emailed him!!)

:D

Attachments

• proflex 952 tv support.jpg
    proflex 952 tv support.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 2,190
  • proflex752 advert2.jpg
    proflex752 advert2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 2,192
  • proflex 552 advert.jpg
    proflex 552 advert.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2,192
small update to this,

i decided to use the manitou forks that no one wanted :LOL: but i had considered using them on this as they're 1 1/4 although there wasn't enough thread, but my new favourite tool sorted that, also sorted out a stem (thanks guys) and i have contacted suspensionforkparts.com regarding elastomers although they are surprised to see a triple elastomer stack as they thought all 1992 models had a double stack so they need to work out what will fit.

i might modify the swing arm though, as some of you know i have canti hanger rule, meaning if it's there it must be used. that said, finding the canti rocker needed to work the rear brake seems to be extremely elusive, also the fork for some reason has no canti cable guide/hanger. this is making me consider remover the extra boss on the swing arm and repainting and looking for or modifying the fork brace.

opinions?

Attachments

• thread cutter.jpg
    thread cutter.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 2,128
  • 752n3.jpg
    752n3.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 2,128
  • 752n1.jpg
    752n1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 2,129
  • 752.jpg