Middleburn RS7 fitment question

Hidden Jitsu

Old School Hero
Just purchased a second hand set of Middleburn RS7 cranks
and they can be pushed all the way onto the bottom bracket and pulled off by hand.

Is this normal for this cranks or are they completley worn?

Doesnt sound ideal. Do they have play when they are pushed all the way on?
Do they bottom out on the bb or hit the frame first?

cyfa2809":26txq4is said:
Doesnt sound ideal. Do they have play when they are pushed all the way on?
Do they bottom out on the bb or hit the frame first?

Thanks for the reply.

well not fitted them too the frame as of yet as they only arrived yestereday.
But i can push them all the way on the bottom bracket in my hand.

i have had splined cranks before and they could only be pushed on half way with my hand and then tightend up with the crank bolt.

Do you have RS7 as per title or RS8 as in the text of the post. And what is the type of BB interface for your cranks? If splined that would be ISIS.

I checked a recently acquired RS7 with ISIS splines: it slips on quite a long way quite easy. When it bottoms on the (self extracting) crank bolt it is over half way and still has "room" between the BB and crankarm.

I cannot compare wit Octalink, never owned any.

Enjoy!!

IbocProSX":1gqqnlzc said:
Do you have RS7 as per title or RS8 as in the text of the post. And what is the type of BB interface for your cranks? If splined that would be ISIS.

I checked a recently acquired RS7 with ISIS splines: it slips on quite a long way quite easy. When it bottoms on the (self extracting) crank bolt it is over half way and still has "room" between the BB and crankarm.

I cannot compare wit Octalink, never owned any.

Enjoy!!

Hello

SORRY! Yes they are RS7 and are isis.
the bottom bracket supplied is a gussett 68mm x 113mm isis.
but it slips on all the way until it can't go anymore.

so sounds like mine are completley worn then?

Can't tell from a just a few lines of text. Just have a go and fit the crank proper, that is the only way you'll be certain. Try another BB maybe?

Good luck

Back