Double glazing failed in rented property

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Agent says they passed info on to landlord, but nothings been done for 1 year now. Obviously windows are colder are will hold less heat in. Should i go to CAB check my rights and ask for a rent reduction ? as one one the windows has now got 1/2 an inch of water in it at the bottom.

Is that even allowed? I mean as in some councils have to keep them insulated properly so yu dont get mould which can harm your lungs and such etc. etc.

I'd be tempted to write to the landlord (cc the agent) giving them a deadline to get the work done, or you will arrange to get it done and pursue them through the small claims court for the costs.

this will only esculate things but it depends what you want to do, landlords that tend to keep putting things off rarely will do them.

So I would write down a list of areas you feel need attention..be sure they are landlord responsible items though and not just a personal wish list..then send it to them recorded delivery and keep a copy yourself. Within that letter ask them to reply in writing with a individual timescale they will fix each individual item and a reasonable time you expect a reply from them.

If they are a good landlord they should be willing to do this and if a bad one I doubt you will get any reply. What happens from there really then is upto you but you have nothing to lose by going to the cab and if it is through benefits then asking the council housing department for assistance with the landlord if they are paying

We rent though an agent ie lettings agent, i feel they are not really sending the info to the landlord. We don't have the landlords address and i get the impression the agent would not give it to us. Also our rent went up last year and i'm afraid if we make too much fuss they will just put the rent up again.

I just don't get this' we are doing you a favour' letting you a property attitude from the agent. We after all are paying for a service, which is now not up to the orignial spec as when we moved in.

I've had no reply from the agent about this, this time.

Our tenancy comes up in March, so we might just look for a direct private landlord instead of through a lettings agency.

This is the 1st time though a lettings place, they seem to look down on you for some reason ??? all my other places were direct landlords. The last landlords of 8 years are still friends.

Any one got a 2/3 bed place up for rent in Droitwich area March 2013 ? :D

Well the agent says there still under guarantee and that she has been in touch with the double glazing people (this was last year and on going) and keeps saying oh i'll phone them again and they should call us to come and inspect, but that sounds like BS as surely it would be the landlord having to do that or maybe not.

greenstiles":2kw8w1bl said:
Well the agent says there still under guarantee and that she has been in touch with the double glazing people (this was last year and on going) and keeps saying oh i'll phone them again and they should call us to come and inspect, but that sounds like BS as surely it would be the landlord having to do that or maybe not.

No not necessarily.

It depends entirely on what sort of agreement the agent and landlord have.

Do you have proof that you first approached the agent 1 year ago about the problem?

How many times and with what frequency have you approached them about the same problem since? What proof do you have of this?

How does the agent know the windows are within warranty unless they have something to do with maintenance?

BB

you didn't mention if you are on housing benefit or paying for it yourself?

ourselves, but can't see it making a difference unless we were council tenants, but maybe you know of something ?

Back