Now then, now then.

Grannygrinder":1308vzrd said:
mass199":1308vzrd said:
cyfa2809":1308vzrd said:
Ah yes forgot to mention i wont be buying snap on. Sure it lasts but as mentioned they arent top dog anymore but still have high prices. Have been told of machine mart so will check them out too.
Kayaba seems to be just showa fork stuff?

I think you mean Kamasa ;)

Yes i do don't i :D

Kayaba are shock absorbers, no?

I had a very high failure rate with Kamasa. Bent spanners and cracked sockets. To be fair they replaced under warranty but I lost heart and sold up.

I've never rated draper either. Their expert range is ok, but still cheap.

Halfords pro is (or at least was) made by Sykes Pickavant and I have only had one need to return a part because of a missing spring in a bit holder. As long as you always keep the receipt it's a breeze. I can't sing the ranges praise highly enough.

Beta are good too if a little pricey. Great if you shop around though.

What line of work is this? Can't remember how you go about claiming the tax back on your work tools, but don't forget your uniform if you wear one!
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclai ... tax-rebate

Its machining and turning. Aircraft interior parts mostly. They give us PPE - goggles (though these dont fit over my glasses but that another thread), waiting on trousers and smaller gloves.

Going from general fabrication to precision machining myself!
If you have to wash your own overalls you can claim back some tax :D

It will be just some work trousers and a polo top which will need washing by myself. Is it much?

Depends how much you earn/pay but a colleague was unaware of the rebate and when he put in a backdated claim for the last few years he got over £500 back!

(edit, his was just a polo shirt and trousers too)

suburbanreuben":2dlhkq3a said:
Grannygrinder":2dlhkq3a said:
mass199":2dlhkq3a said:
cyfa2809":2dlhkq3a said:
Ah yes forgot to mention i wont be buying snap on. Sure it lasts but as mentioned they arent top dog anymore but still have high prices. Have been told of machine mart so will check them out too.
Kayaba seems to be just showa fork stuff?

I think you mean Kamasa ;)

Yes i do don't i :D

Kayaba are shock absorbers, no?

Correct, Motor Bike Forks and Shocks.

mass199":1tt7g6jv said:
Correct, Motor Bike Forks and Shocks.

And the struts for hoods and hatches.

The dampers in Bullet Brothers ZZYZX forks are Toyota stamped (Kayaba) hatch parts.

I've not used the Cromwell/Kennedy hand tools, just their abrasives and blades, which are pretty poor. Stick with 3M or Sandvik now.

On hand tools, I like Unior if I can get them...top quality like Britool or Snap-on but cheaper (Slovenian :shock:) and with a bike specific section :D

All the best,

Back