What makes this Raleigh frame worth £650 ?

It is lovely, though. I would probably pay £250 for it, seeing as it's apparently almost impossible to find touring frames in this quality and size.

Midlife":3gsit4le said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-Royal-Frame-531-Re-built-by-Bill-Hurlow-with-Mal-Rees-Forks-/170927794383?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item27cc1728cf

Am I missing something here?

Shaun

No Shaun.

Apart from the forks looks all Raleigh to me - someone got carried away with the 531 decals - one of them's a Taylor!

Seller makes a point about the rear triangle...it's all Raleigh, brake bridge, seat stay caps...

Not sure the Royal* was 531 throughout either.

Roadking.

*or all Royals

N.B post edited to include additional info

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Midlife":g8es4zp7 said:
Ah well RK ...........quest for a 70's SBDU continues :D

Shaun

An SBDU?

Not with those seat stay caps.

Rk.

P.S bet my 500E uses more fuel than your Scooby!

RK

Back in about 74 at the bike shop the Raleigh rep took out of his boot a Raleigh frame with the usual black and red livery which had shot in seat stays and chromed tops to the forks Wow !.........at 14 ish years of age it left a lasting memory.

I want one now :D

A. Because I couldn't afford it at the time

B. The rep had a Ford Capri which was a funny bronze colour which was completely unsuitable for a reps car as it had no space.

Still not sure what frame it was but keep an eye out. I presumed it was an early SBDU frame ?

Shaun

Back