Alpinestars EOS ('92)- Fitting the front Derailleur

adamrob

Dirt Disciple
Hello all

Can anyone offer advise as how to fit a direct mount front derailleur onto the Alpinestars EOS (Almega-DX 1992 in my case) bikes successfully which prevents the front mech slipping after a few shift tests. It seems the cable pull under tension is pulling my mech down into the chainrings after a few shifts.

Thanks in advance to any engineering genious out there !

Hi, any chance to post some pics of the situation you face? Imho a direct mount derailleur will be to far away from the chain rings. Usually one mounts a derailleur like this, with the screw directly attached to the metal plate on the seat tube itself.

116_1683.JPG

HPIM0142.jpg

Jugendbiken055.jpg

Happy trails

Hi. thanks for your message. Since my post I visited the local DIY store, bought a 6mm threaded hex key bolt 6*30 and used this in conjunction with a nylon lined nut and one of those serrated washers that has gripped onto the EOS front derallieur plate between plate and nut. So far so good : the bike had a maiden test voyage to my nearby col on the way to work yesterday morning :) -- No slippage of the front mech!! Nice titanium A* there BTW....! Piccies from me can follow at another date - non ready at the moment. Cheers

Here is a pick of my TLC to this A* Almega DX 92. New seat, post 2 front chainrings, XT front mech from ebay and 3 hours of a saturday fixing the front STI shifter which was out of action. Front mech now does not slip!

Attachments

• DSC_0019.JPG
    DSC_0019.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 523
Back