1997 GT Zaskar modern makeover FINISHED FINALLY

Almost decided on labels. The Sunday best bike will have blue GT logos and black Zaskar to match a few compnents and my off road version will have flat gold labels to match its components. Both will look unique which is what I'm aiming for.

Gil has been so kind to keep me supplied with digital proofs of my hair brained schemes. Really helping me to decide on what looks good or odd.

You've done it proud mate,
Blue & black decals will look sweet!
I miss it already!

Tc

Thanks Tony!
It's in good hands, hopefully re assembly will start up soon and it will start to look more bike like again. Just a few more items to get hold off then we're good to go.

Slight bit of progress. Cranks now ready after some polishing and re laquering.

And forks kinda choosen, if I can get some V brake mounts for them anyway. Overall good condition and bouncing well, but will 1200 wet and dry out a few marks in the CF and respray the metal work and get new labels, then will look near mint.

Toying with idea of removing the lockout cable as it dont work anyhow. Removed plunger and they behave the same, so thinking I could just remove the cable and leave as is. If anyone knows better please let me know.
They are RC38 Airforce LT

Attachments

• IMG_0725.JPG
    IMG_0725.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 991
  • IMG_0724.JPG
    IMG_0724.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 991
Cranks look really lovely :cool: and should suit really well I imagine.

I have a set of bosses (that's why I was checking what you meant), but I'm not sure whether I want to part with them... :? Will give you first shout if I do!

The polish job looks great, I did my RTS a couple of months ago so I know what effort it takes, how does the peek compare to autoglym?

Thanks!!
Never tried Aytoglym, but I really do like Peek, leaves no residue in any depressions. Personally I think its beter than Autosol, which is too expensive and a bit too coarse.

Ok, 2 polished now, so just to decide which one to use for the nice version and which for the off road version.
2nd one was painted version so the metal underneath was not such a good surface finish as the burnished one to start with, hence took a lot more buffing. Bloody arms and hands ache. Fed up of polishing now!

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 868
Back