My FUNK rebuild

Tallpaul":353z4agv said:
:cool:

Is that Signal Green or a special mix?

53%20signal%20green.jpg

No mate,its Kawasaki green,theyve mixed some paint as the Kawa centre is down the road from them,they dont keep it on show so you gotta ask.

Anyway heres where i got to this afternoon,wanted to make the Bristol bike jumble but things took longer than i expected,still a few things to do like gear cables(waiting on crc) and maybe swap the forks over for Mani 1's,first 'stand-over' impression is that the bars are too narrow for me :( apart from that its way lighter than i expected.Got a bit carried away with the pics,lol ;)

funky1110.jpg

funky1112.jpg

funky119.jpg

funky11.jpg

funky117-1.jpg

funky115.jpg

funky114.jpg

funky116.jpg

funky112.jpg

funky113.jpg

funky10042.jpg

funky10039.jpg

funky10047.jpg

Spec:
Frame: 1991 Funk Pro 18" in Kawasaki Green

Fork: Manitou 4 with Ti bolt kit

Headset: Chris King 1 1/4" NoThreadset
Stem: Manitou,Ti bolt kit
Handlebar: Syncros
Grips: Yeti Speed grips -clear
Barends: n/a

Brakes: Grafton Mag-Lites with Ti bolt kit
Brake Pads: Koolstop
Brake Cables: Shimano XTR
Cantilever cable hangers: Onza Chill Pills
Brake Levers: Shimano M900

Shifters: Shimano M900
Front Derailleur: Shimano M900 with Ti bot kit
Rear Derailleur: Shimano M900 with Ti bolt kit
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XTR
Cassette: Shimano M900 12-28t
Chain: Shimano XTR
Cranks: Grafton Joystix
Crank Bolts: Middleburn Ti green outer
Chainrings: Race face 36/48t,Kooka 28t inner
Chainring bolts: Middleburn alloy,green
Bottom Bracket: TNT Ti 125mm
Pedals:

Hub Skewers: Ringle CamTwist black
Rims: Sun/Ringle Tomac Series anno blue
Hubs: Ringle
Nipples: Silver alloy
Spokes: Black DB
Tyres: Specialized Hardrock
Tubes: Slime

Saddle: Flite Ti
Seatpost: Syncros Ti 26.8
Seatpost Binder: Funk,Ringle CamTwist
Bottlecage: Ringle H2O green
Weight: ?

Decals by Gil_m
Paint by Argos Racing Cycles

andy ;)

Hi Andy,

I very remember I travelled 200km to the south of Netherlands to pick it it up. The Sachs New Success turned out to be a total mess, what was a disappointment, but the frame was in decent shape and only needed a caring owner willing to restore it to its original glory. I am very happy the frame found you in the end :D

It absolutely looks great :!: I have to say you managed it quite quick too.

well after the sale being shrouded in forum politics im glad the eventual build is absolutely stunning i can categorically say selling that frame was my worst idea ever!! well done mate shes beautiful!!

Thanks for the replies chaps,yes it did come together quite quick,longest bit was waiting for the frame to be painted but well worth it,the pics dont really do it justice,its a lot more lairy in the flesh.

I like creating bikes,its a karma thing for me,still a few bits to do but the main shape is there,thanks to all the people who sold me different parts for the bike. ;)

wow! that bike is so stunning and beautiful, I like it very much and your choices of the colours around the bike, it blend so lovely, a real eye-catcher, well done Andy :D

Back