1990 Marin Pine Mountain Restoration

Blimey....how did I miss this thread!?

Loving your work.....def. interested in your Zolatone replacement quest as my PM is really looking tired now :(

Glad you didn't use the Plastikote stuff on the orange bits as it's crap. Halfords Fluro Orange (+ clear lacquer) over white primer is much better......not that you need that info now! :)

As mentioned above I love threads like this with loads of before/after pics....will be watching with interest! :)

The guy that's doing the paint for me said he was going to use the same orange paint that is used for Repsol Honda. He then kept adding red until it was correct. Simple as that, apparently.

Think he's just teasing me now.... I got a call from my mate this evening to say he'd painted the frame but wasn't happy with the texture, so he's ordered a different textured paint and will do another coat.

Almost there.

Foulplay":1l78yfv5 said:
Think he's just teasing me now.... I got a call from my mate this evening to say he'd painted the frame but wasn't happy with the texture, so he's ordered a different textured paint and will do another coat.

Almost there.

Looking forward to the results of this......now that I've found a way to cleanly shift the paint off my old Eldridge I'll be looking for a respray too......top work! :)

Some of the handrails in Exeter St David's train station have just been re-painted. They have used some kind of lightly textured paint, presumably for safety reasons, and it did occur to me that it would make a reasonable Zolatone-effect if oversprayed with satin grey. I thought that a quick bit of Googling would find the product, but I've not located it yet.

Regards

Back