Chelsea...how peculiar

I think it's often said that football is a game played by thugs and rugby is a thugs game played played by gentlemen.

he was right for the sending off..im sick of divers cheating ...sport is supposed to be whos best not who can con the best..as for barging into the refs room...that right there should get them banned...oh and from what i read today it was shut up mickel...not monkey..

1210tech":1sdosg87 said:
Robbied196":1sdosg87 said:
Welcome to the premiership, 2012 style.

2012_11_01_1430_194.jpg

That is not the Premiership as a whole. There were over 40'000 people at that game and one idiot in the crowd does not express the feelings of every fan.
He wants arresting and locking in a cell with a black in-mate :evil:

Agreed its only one fan, but added to the idiot who shoved Chris Kirkland, referee Mark Clattenburg, the England Under 21, Serbia match riot, it paints a pretty depressing picture. Especially in the wake of the John Terry case, the game definitely needs cleaning up. Morons on the pitch seem to create the excuse for morons off the pitch.

I've always been a football fan, but after the Tour de France and the Olympics I find football as a 'sport' a complete joke.

I think what's more depressing is that during the late 70's and 80's in the days of the icf and such English football was seen as the thugs of europe.

Now we largely have irradicated that to become a family day out (if you can afford the rip off prices)

The problems now largely seem to be ON the pitch rather than off and if this is to be addressed then it needs a iron rod and teems be penalised as well as the players and penalised enough to make them think twice and no one weeks wage is not enough

I would even go as far as to have an internal league were clubs are measured by cards, offences and yes if needs be... ban a team from a season or partial season if the club and it's players cannot control themselves.

Robbied196":2feak9k5 said:
Agreed its only one fan, but added to the idiot who shoved Chris Kirkland, referee Mark Clattenburg, the England Under 21, Serbia match riot, it paints a pretty depressing picture. Especially in the wake of the John Terry case, the game definitely needs cleaning up. Morons on the pitch seem to create the excuse for morons off the pitch.

I've always been a football fan, but after the Tour de France and the Olympics I find football as a 'sport' a complete joke.

The problem is not all the players or all the fans, the problem is the way its being policed, the punishments are not consistent and not strong enough. Chelsea have a anti-racism rule that anyone found guilty of racist behaviour will be sacked. Terry wasn't found guilty by a court but was found guilty by the club, so why wasn't he sacked. Same for Suarez.
The problems we are seeing now will never stop until the correct punishment is allocated. That fan should be prosecuted and banned for life.

sylus":2s3hnua3 said:
The problems now largely seem to be ON the pitch rather than off and if this is to be addressed then it needs a iron rod and teams be penalised as well as the players and penalised enough to make them think twice and no one weeks wage is not enough

Agreed, I don't think a fine is enough though, it has to be termination of employment and player bans.

1210tech":qbxp30dc said:
konatime":qbxp30dc said:
Your not far wrong there fella...i forget the professors name who when asked about the root cause of football hooliganism he replied..'we're talking about a class of people more than willing to travel 3000 miles for a fight to the death with somebody they've never met before....it's what they're bred to do'.

I'm sorry but what a load of shit!
Football fans bred to travel the world arranging fights to the death??? Please

No....working classes, inner city, sub-standard education...more than willing to go to war ....with some fucka they've never met.

Besides the Joanne Lumley Gurka pensions escapade....the Gurkas were basically disbanded because of the trouble garrisoning them when read & writes were few (they soon took to hoolying it/amongst themselves).

Interesting developements on this

Chelsea have officially withdrawn the spanish t**t accusation. Also the person that claims to have heard the alledged monkey comment hardly speaks any english and had to ask others what he had alledgely heard

It's not looking good :(

What annoys me slightly is the generalisation that all footballers / supporters have the same moral deficiency that seems prevalent in the Premier League these days.

I'm proud to support the only team in the Championship never to have been in the top flight. I love following my team around the country (22nd season for me) going to 'smaller' clubs without all the crap that comes along with being a prem fan. We are punching above our weight currently and we're loving it.

For me, Sky has to take a lot of the blame for killing the game at the highest level. The 'win at all costs' attitude is the result of the increased amount of money in the game and the threat of having it taken away if you drop down a league.

**** the prem.
Support your local team.
Bring back terraces.

Back