Chelsea...how peculiar

Barneyballbags":fe60y7p8 said:
Tempers run high at rugby matches too, yet fans from both sides can (and do) more than happily sit together before, during and after the match.

You've never been to Fulham FC then? Home & away fans sit mixed together with no problems at all and it is a very relaxed atmosphere, other clubs and their stewarding styles could learn a lot from Fulham and their attitude.

One (small) stand, in one (small) stadium, of one (small) club, does not not break the rule

G

unkleGsif":2ehbzd34 said:
One (small) stand, in one (small) stadium, of one (small) club, does not not break the rule

G

Agreed, but its a model that could be learned from, the 80's are long gone and my stance is that if you're treated like a hooligan you will react like one, no-one likes to be pushed into a corner, the majority will come out fighting, its not big and its not right but its a fact of life.

And its not just event management that is to blame, the Police at football matches are still programmed to treat football fans like mindless hooligans

1210tech":8iynvbh3 said:
And its not just event management that is to blame, the Police at football matches are still programmed to treat football fans like mindless hooligans

Very good point!

Interestingly, we were chatting to a Police Officer back in March when we went to watch Wales play France in Cardiff. There were 250,000 people out in Cardiff that day, and the Police Officer we spoke to couldn't believe that virtually the only time he had to deal with fans was when they wanted their photo taken with him. Coming from a background of attending football matches, he said it was a real eye opener.

1210tech":zz2ao1ww said:
unkleGsif":zz2ao1ww said:

G

Agreed, but its a model that could be learned from, the 80's are long gone and my stance is that if you're treated like a hooligan you will react like one, no-one likes to be pushed into a corner, the majority will come out fighting, its not big and its not right but its a fact of life.

True, but it cuts both ways really.... if you act like one, you'll be treated like one. suffice to say, the average fan will quite quickly fall back into typical, or stereotypical behaviour norms quite quickly, given half the chance

G

G[/quote]

And its not just event management that is to blame, the Police at football matches are still programmed to treat football fans like mindless hooligans[/quote]

True, but it cuts both ways really....

Your not far wrong there fella...i forget the professors name who when asked about the root cause of football hooliganism he replied..'we're talking about a class of people more than willing to travel 3000 miles for a fight to the death with somebody they've never met before....it's what they're bred to do'.

1210tech":rstztf0j said:

Welcome to the premiership, 2012 style.

Attachments

• 2012-11-01_1430.jpg
    2012-11-01_1430.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 203
konatime":m0xvbs3b said:
Your not far wrong there fella...i forget the professors name who when asked about the root cause of football hooliganism he replied..'we're talking about a class of people more than willing to travel 6000 miles for a fight to the death with somebody they've never met before....it's what they're bred to do'.

I'm sorry but what a load of shit!
Football fans bred to travel the world arranging fights to the death??? Please

Robbied196":7q1ref61 said:
Welcome to the premiership, 2012 style.

2012_11_01_1430_194.jpg

That is not the Premiership as a whole. There were over 40'000 people at that game and one idiot in the crowd does not express the feelings of every fan.
He wants arresting and locking in a cell with a black in-mate :evil:

Back