My attempt at welding.....

North Dakota is the place to be...oil rich and always after heavy trades/drivers etc and it's right on the canadian border

Not bad :D . I'd recommend a touch more heat and a gnats less wire ;) :D
Will they let you do braizing? Not much call for it work wise but a nice skill for the bike mad to have :cool:

There's a massive brazing section there as well, but it was redundant when I was there..

Trying to get the volts correct to the material, along with wire speed and my speed, seems to be the biggest skill to learn at the moment...

GT-Steve":wpll80m4 said:
Trying to get the volts correct to the material, along with wire speed and my speed, seems to be the biggest skill to learn at the moment...

Wait till you start welding steel thinner than 1mm..... :shock:

I lost count of the blow holes I made in the Beetle :LOL: :LOL:

G

Mine was rust, mainly... but then it is a 1963 and had stood in a yard for 15 years

Solid now tho :cool:

G

I had an original Mini Clubman that was mainly rust, when I drove it off the driveway, you could see an outline where it it was parked, sort of like the Turin Shroud. :D

xerxes":2hjc8w1g said:
I had an original Mini Clubman that was mainly rust, when I drove it off the driveway, you could see an outline where it it was parked, sort of like the Turin Shroud. :D

My missus is a classic mini owner, and when I showed her that, she couldn't stop laughing. :LOL:

I think she's earmarked me to do some work on it over the winter.. :roll: :LOL:

Back