91' Marin Eldridge & PineMountain..a brace of Zolatones

Cheers guys....

Rich - thanks for the input on the IFT decals. They're ready to cut - I'm just struggling to get a good colour match in the vinyl. Did you mention being able to get a RAL code match for the forks/lettering?

sherlylock":2gvq56nx said:
Cheers guys....

Rich - thanks for the input on the IFT decals. They're ready to cut - I'm just struggling to get a good colour match in the vinyl. Did you mention being able to get a RAL code match for the forks/lettering?

Had my hands full but now got some free time so i'll get round to looking for that code, shouldn't be a problem. Keep up the good work ;)

Rich

Turned my attentions towards the Eldridge last night. The frame needs paint stripping to bare metal and I've had loads of problems finding a decent paint stripper (since the EU have ruined Nitromors) - and it's a messy job which I hate too.

Anyway - before I went to bed last night I sprayed the frame with a product called Ambersil GS5 which is a gasket stripper (for removing dried up gaskets). Not expecting much I left it overnight to "do its thing"

To my surprise this morning I was able to peel off the paint (both the turquoise and the underlying Zolatone) in one go, nice and dry with no mess.

Absolutely brilliant stuff.

Attachments

• stripped.jpg
    stripped.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,547
  • ambersil gasket strip.jpg
    ambersil gasket strip.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,547
  • eldridge strip.jpg
    eldridge strip.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,547
  • ambersil.jpg
    ambersil.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,547
Interesting product.

Where did you get it from? I see that Arco stock it, but I cannot get to either of the 3 trade counters nearst me before they close :evil:

G

unkleGsif":150t7gv2 said:
Interesting product.

Where did you get it from? I see that Arco stock it, but I cannot get to either of the 3 trade counters nearst me before they close :evil:

G

I bought it from RS - so was next day delivery. Not sure who would stock it over the counter. A good motor factors maybe?

http://bit.ly/Q8Bxqh

unkleGsif":y67cxqej said:
Yea, just found it on RS... already ordered :cool:

G

Cool - let us know you get on with it - I've left another bit of the frame "stewing" today so hopefully when I get home I'll be able to peel the paint off like I did this morning......

Back