Bought goods from DJ now no word

and thats why people want you to send it gift...

Personally as a seller, I wear the fees, but I understnad that at times, especially here as people are selling you stuff, sure they are making money, but at the same time often doing a favour by actually selling stuff to you, I'm happy to wear the costs on my end. Alsdo helps when you want stuff posted to far away countries and its a hassle, I like to encourage them to sell to me.
But thats just me.

If someone wants to sell something then it's up to them to pay the fees unless they are trying to rip you off with no comeback (not saying that many people on here who ask for gift are ripoff merchants but it does happen). What is wrong with wanting say £200 for something and adding the fees on top and stating 'paypal fees included in price' ? Id it's a genuinely reasonable price then there should be no problem and everyones protected. Or even state that aypal fees must be split 50/50 that would be even fairer.

Yep, that would be great, but its not always going ot work that way. Sometimes people don't use paypal. then you need two prices.

personally I'd prefer if sellers said, this is the amount I wish to recieve for this item, you work out the charges, send gift or whatever.
Peopel uses gift, as you say whet the reciever, receives. If you do other methods, you have to calculate it yourself, then you may get it wrong, makes peopel unhappy.

Not what I would do, but i completely understand why people do.

B77":rhpdxdqy said:
....What is wrong with wanting say £200 for something and adding the fees on top and stating 'paypal fees included in price' ? .....

I'm sure thats what I just said
Listen, ultimately its up to the individuals involved

As a buyer, I am happy to have some security, knowing I can get my money back if it all goes tits up

G

If something goes astray, say non delivery but the 'goods' fees have been paid through Paypal. Does anyone know difficult it is or how long it takes to get your money refunded by Paypal?

suburbanreuben":3ebnjqty said:
You're joking aren't you?

No. We generally give members a second chance if they come good in the end. You might also note that a term of being allowed back on the site is that DJ clear up the web of various accounts and paypal IDs along with a reasonable reason for not sending the goods.

The paypal discussion is something else.

It is clearly against the terms of paypal to pay for good as 'gift'. Many forums are quite specific paypal gift is not to be requested or used. If people are aware of the risks then it's up to them.

As an aside wonder why more people don't use bank transfers. They are free, far more traceable and only slightly more hassle. I'd imagine most of us have online access to our accounts now it's 2012.

The Saab forum I used to visit, it was the norm to use bank transfers... here it sems to be paypal... probably no reason why other than a perpetuating trend that started with a few core members

G

J As an aside wonder why more people don't use bank transfers. They are free said:
funnily enough I asked DJ if I could pay by bank transfer but HE insisted I used paypal - oh how you laugh with hindsight

Back