NOS Merlin 1989

I will go there again soon and look thru this store properly, then I can report if this place is really worth a trip. These guys have been in buisness about 20 years. They have been buying stock from bankrupt stores so they have shelf after shelf with alsorts of bike komponents, both new and old. I don't think they have much hi end parts but I'm sure you could find some nuggets.
I saw for example DX derailliurs XT 730 hubs and scevers. Alsorts of cassettes, BB's, ITM stems, pedals, Bontager saddles. Loads of rims, forks from all kind of bikes. recon they were left in the store when people put on suspension.
I can post a list of the most interesting items after next visit.
I'll be back

Hi
This weekend I went back to the store. Apperently they are moving becuse of house development, they will be up and running in their new store in beg. of Jannuary. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. Most of the stuff was already packed but I managed to nick one more 1" Ritchy forks.
Instead I went for a bike yard sale and made some nice finds. Some retro, some modern parts. I acctually dont have a specific need for the retro parts but it's hard to not buy stuff when you find it :)

Attachments

• AMP forks.JPG
    AMP forks.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 334
  • AMP forks2.JPG
    AMP forks2.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 326
  • LX cantis.JPG
    LX cantis.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 326
  • Ti stem_Titec bar.JPG
    Ti stem_Titec bar.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 333
  • todays catch.JPG
    todays catch.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 334
It's a PZ racing carbon 26" with Canti and IS possibility .
I'll drop about 1.4 kg from my wife's winter commuter bike ( -06 Yeti DJ with Pike)

It's a real shame when you discover old threads like this, and they just taper off and the user disappears.

This was such an amazing find, with the whole backstory too.

Plus the bike shop with all the NOS in the backroom.

And finally the yard sale score!

It almost had it all...

But what happened to the bike? Was it ever finished finished?

Latest posts

Back