1/48th Avro Lancaster model.

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Just finished this today and just in time for Poppy Day.

Enjoy and I know every grown man loves looking at aeroplanes :D

Avro Lancaster. VR-A. KB726 Andrew Mynarski Memorial Lancaster model. aka year 2003ish. Canadian Warplane Heritage.

No weathering at all on this model as she represents a fresh over-all.

vrafinished001.jpg

vrafinished005.jpg

vrafinished004.jpg

vrafinished016.jpg

vrafinished024.jpg

vrafinished023.jpg

vrafinished022.jpg

vrafinished021.jpg

vrafinished020.jpg

vrafinished019.jpg

vrafinished018.jpg

vrafinished017.jpg

vrafinished008.jpg

vrafinished007.jpg

vrafinished013.jpg

vrafinished015.jpg

vrafinished014.jpg

vrafinished010.jpg

vrafinished012.jpg

Thanks for looking.

very nice, the paint work especially :cool:

loved building airfix models with my dad bitd (early 80's), but never painted any of them to that standard, oh and they were then used as toys and not many survived the dog fights in my bedroom :oops: :D

always fancied buying a few kits and having another go at turning out something like you have ;)

1210tech":1xbs4ghg said:
loved building airfix models with my dad bitd (early 80's), but never painted any of them to that standard, oh and they were then used as toys and not many survived the dog fights in my bedroom :oops: :D
always fancied buying a few kits and having another go at turning out something like you have ;)

Go for it Mate! It will bring back your good memories ;)

Don't buy this big kit though its expensive and a very hard build.

My older brother used to make high quality models and even made a motorised Lancaster and
with me only being some 11 years old I thought it could fly, so I switched it on and threw it out the window :cool:

I thought cool look at it and then watched it drop like a stone and smashed to bits on the path,
Gathered the broken Lanc' and tried to glue it all back together when my brother came home he shouted ''IAN''
I then tried to run out the house but he got me and then gave me some fist !!

Ian Raleigh":1hpzst1g said:
Go for it Mate! It will bring back your good memories ;)

Don't buy this big kit though its expensive and a very hard build.

How much are the kits now-a-days, is it still Air-Fix that make them?

I take it you paint everything before assembly?

1210tech":dbk77724 said:
How much are the kits now-a-days, is it still Air-Fix that make them? I take it you paint everything before assembly?
The second tooling Airfix Lanc' are £20 new in model shops but can be found on ebay for as little as £5.

With the Airfix Lanc' I build the entire fuselage then paint it, then build up the wings/nacelles then paint them.

The clear parts are a swine to paint neatly as they are that small but can be done.

The use of Tamiya masking tape is mint when painting the black.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-Maskin ... 1c235c7f6d

inbuild006.jpg

One finished Airfix Lanc' I did just before the build of VR-A
ars002.jpg

danslancaster007.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
cheers for the heads up on the masking tape, just found the Airfix website too, this could be dangerous! :LOL:

spotted the twin model gift kits that include paint too for £19.99, not a bad starting point ;)

Back