US Sandy hurricane

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Just to say, I feel very very sorry for all the people affected by this, especially after seeing the pictures of what appears to be a residential area, ( Breezy Point )that looks like it was burnt down and spun about and maybe flooded as well, i've never seen such total destruction before from a 'natural disaster' :cry:

So you missed the couple of Tsunami's over the past decade then?

Does look bad though, especially from what is regarded as one of the most first world cities on the planet.

no , not missed them, have friends affected by fairly recent earth quakes etc but just comenting on recent events, it just seems soul destroying to have all you stuff not only burnt, but flown about and broke into pieces and then made wet. :cry:

Tbh I feel sorry for the people who don't have the high profile of the yanks and have been royally f**cked over by oppressive regimes, such as the kurds beaten into the ground by Turkish expansionism, the countless thousands 'disappeared in south america. Yes the hurricane was a bit of a blow and a few people we killed and a lot pf people went without power for a while, but to be fair it had already passed through Cuba, Jamaica and other parts of the Carribean causing a large amount of damaged and a higher death toll than in the US but it wasn't really the media circus of reporting that 'Frankenstorm' was, in fact I don't remember it even making the headlines.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Why would the media want to report on the fact that some brown persons shanty town has blown away?
Let's face it, it saves them bombing the shit out of it.

Any human impact is bad, it just depends on how rich you are as to how it gets reported.

I guess there are no poor people in New York or America, or 'brown people'.

Yes it's a bitch that usually only ' big famous ' places get all the news hype. But as I said, I feel sorry for all people it has affected.If it wasn't in the news then we wouldn't have seen the vast area that it has affected.

unkleGsif":2wlpll93 said:
Apparently it was Gods retribution against gay marraige... so..... :roll:

G

Meanwhile in San Francisco the weather is calm and mild. That kind of blows the fundies' argument out of the water, doesn't it?

Latest posts

Back