Hi peeps, new to the site, here's my Ishibashi

Well, I guess we can't rule out Raleigh...
Boys in Oz are pointing towards a Koizumi made MkII Cromo Burner.
Looks good to me...how the hell did we miss that B :roll: :oops:

Paul what might of thrown me is, that in the Raleigh info booklet it has a normal chrome burner dressed as a cromo - it show a little "R" in the rear drop outs
the mark one is a different frame and looks different, but this could be a mk 2 cromo :shock:

can we back it up with any pic's :?

Just stick these pics on BW and let Dave & the boys confirm it.
I'm pretty sure it's a good shout though :D

Yep both tubes are the same, flat oval.

Are you meaning the mk2 Raleigh Burner? Similar but a few differences there.

I can do more photo's, any bits in particular?

Alt.

Interesting story how I actually got hold of this bike.

I was working in London as a kid on a building site. The office and restroom area was a temporary setup in the buildings basement carpark.

At the time I was riding around on a pretty basic Marin road bike I'd adopted for nothing of a friend who had moved away.
I'd left it down in the basement unlocked [stupid I know, you live and learn], when I've gone down one day to get my lunch the bike had been stolen, but whoever had taken it had left in it's place a small half sized kids BMX, possibly a Raleigh can't remember. It was in mint condition, just way too small for me.

On my journey home I had to pass through Elephant and Castle, where there used to be a brilliant second hand bike shop called 'Recycle'
I'd seen a BMX in there for weeks hanging up and really really fancied it. So I took the new kids BMX I had, and part exchanged it for the one I have now. I'm sure I only paid an extra £40 towards it.

Back