Dawes Fixie

i like bikes mate especially old ones, that's why im on a bike forum, look back through the posts and you'll see i never started any of this but when people start to preach and abuse me its obvious there will be a reaction,
i like all types of bikes im not going to have loads of the same type hence the fixie.
I can honestly say im not bothered about what negative things people have to tell me over an internet forum as i said i find it quite amusing how worked up some people can get over someone elses bike.
Im obviously open to constructive criticism otherwise i wouldnt of put pictures of my bikes on the internet and openly asked for opinions,
however constructive criticism is different to abuse and over opinionated so and so's who are obviously out for a reaction or some one up man-ship from people who share their opinions/views/taste
im not going to try and "wind people up" as you put it, in fact i think the majority of these posts have been aimed at winding me up,
anyway glad you like the john gedde and raleigh if not the dawes lol,

cheers

Old Ned said:
Steve, please forgive me but I am a bit confused. How do this lovely pair of fully legal road bikes fit in with the nonsense we've experienced above?

have you never broken the law? ;)

most people break it every time they go out on their bike one way or another...
doesn't the law say your'e supposed to have reflectors as well? (seriously)

oldmuthariley":1jkf25ql said:
Old Ned":1jkf25ql said:
Steve, please forgive me but I am a bit confused. How do this lovely pair of fully legal road bikes fit in with the nonsense we've experienced above?

have you never broken the law? ;)

most people break it every time they go out on their bike one way or another...
doesn't the law say your'e supposed to have reflectors as well? (seriously)

Broken the law? What, me guv!? Supppose I might 'ave bent it a bit now and then, yer know wot I mean?

No, I meant it in comparison with the Dawes - as you know :roll:

Not sure about the reflector thing these days. Shouldn't you also have a white patch on the end of your mudguards as well? Or was that only during the war.

it's a legal requirement for all new bikes to have full reflectors when sold, there's no law against taking them off as soon as you get out of the shop though!!

Years ago I was cutting about an unlit empty back street in London. The bike had no lights and no reflectors at the time. I'd been working that day filming in a tv studio and was wearing all black.
Out of nowhere a cop car comes up behind me and gives it one flash with his blue lights.
I pulled over, he came up alongside me, rolled down his window and shouts 'What are you a ******* ninja or something, get some ******* lights you muppet'
Before i could say anything he drove straight off, and just left me sitting there stunned and laughing.

I did get around to buying lights eventually.

Back