1992 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

Looking good so far :cool:

Think you should swap that stem against mine without the noodle though ;)

losvizzero":2wd0ltt5 said:
nice bike and excellent restoration, where did you get the decals?
you can get more?

A resident decal maker
Gil_m @ http://www.thecycleshed.co.uk for email.

rocky_transfers_203.jpg

Today's out and about...

I really like this bike. I've been playing with the idea to change the groupset to a '92 XC Pro set I have lying around, but I think I will keep it as it is. I'm still looking for a 27.0 black Syncros seatpost, that should look a little better and most probably I swap the cranks for something else. Maybe Ritchey Logic? The headset is a threaded STX version which I will swap for a Chris King 2nut, as soon as I have the right adapters for my press.

DSC_0763.JPG

I'm planning a bike holiday mid July with this bike, so I spent some time prepping it up for longer distance mixed ground travelling. First I removed the faulty STX headset and replaced it with a proper working M901 XTR version. Good to have fluid steering. As I'm spending a lot of time on the bike, I'd like to add in some more comfort to handle distance a bit better. Maybe I'm getting old. The silver Syncros is a 120mm I think, with a bit more rise than the previous one. Syncros bar ends bring some more comfort I suppose. The saddle is a more comfortable one than the original Flite, but after a 50 km testrun yesterday evening, I think the Flite sits better, strange enough.

Now I need to get some good bags for the rear carrier, an Old Man Mountain. Probably I replace the brake blocks and use a more simple crankset, this Isis set of Turbines might a bit too much.

Retrobiking is the perfect way to stay busy :)

DSC_1069.JPG

Back