Comedy address of Shepshed Dynamo FC

also, we always passed a sign for 'Pratts Bottom' on the way to my grandparents in Kent.

i've always smurked at 'Staines' as well. thanks to Ali G for raising that profile.

twain":23e0cgr5 said:
i've always smurked at 'Staines' as well. thanks to Ali G for raising that profile.

I understand that the technology firm Siemens have now closed their office in Staines :LOL:

We would always snigger in GCSE Geography when map reading as the ordnance survey map included a place known as "Bushy Bottom".... :roll:

Carge":3ji7spb7 said:
twain":3ji7spb7 said:

I understand that the technology firm Siemens have now closed their office in Staines :LOL:

Yep, sadly gone.
No more Seimens Staines upon Thames.

Kestonian":1qhssxhh said:
I once looked at a house in a road called Bonar Place. I knew there was no way I could live there.

I feel a Round The Horne moment coming on..... ;)

David

Wasn't Siemens just up the road in Egham, not Staines?

Did my degree in Egham (even lived in Staines for 18 months) and am fairly sure their offices were near the station.

Wasn't Siemens just up the road in Egham, not Staines?
Did my degree in Egham (even lived in Staines for 18 months) and am fairly sure their offices were near the station.
Spoilsport :D The truth spoils a good story, yet again...but no, what's this?...

SIEMENS BUILDING TECHNOLOGIES LTD
LANDIS & STAEFA DIVISION, HAWTHORNE ROAD
STAINES, MIDDLESEX, TW18 3AY
Phone: 01784 461616
Fax: 01784 464646
www.sibt.com

I bet they answer the phone with "Landis & Staefa" though :D

All the best,

Back