Show us yer FSR's

Almost genuis modding :LOL:

But what happens when its lashing down with rain, you get that nightmare puncture and you need the rear wheel off?

I always remember back to a time i got a puncture around 6 miles from home (on my old boardman) starveling on grass :? across some cliff tops, the wind was picking up so i i was making my way home sharpish.

I turned the bike over, and from nowhere it started to fecking hailstone, i was sick, i got soaked, i was freezing, i just wanted it fixed ASAP, i was having a nightmare, a bloke caught out on a dog walk started fecking laughing as he jogged past, commenting that i picked the best time to get a puncture (I DID NOT FECKING SELECT THIS POINT YOU ****) :LOL:

I never managed to get the object from the tyre either as i could not feel my fingers, new tube in, 2 c02 cans later and its fecking going down again, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ended up pushing it into a shelter about a mile away to patch it up, fixed it and the fantastic wind had blown all the crap weather away bringing the sun back out, i rode home with a face like a smacked arse and stood in a hot shower for about 10 mins wanting to end my life :LOL:

The Onza adapter allows me to get the rear wheel straight off with a 15mm spanner (i converted it to solid axle plus track nuts) i have no problems getting rid of the QR system as it is not very "quick" anyway IMO

Here it is on my old 98 GC

20120408_124540.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
if i didnt have a sharkfin, i'd end up doing what S-M has done.
its the closest thing to the original adapter.
or i'd just run my magura on the back again :)

twain":2osgxthb said:
if i didnt have a sharkfin, i'd end up doing what S-M has done.
its the closest thing to the original adapter.
or i'd just run my magura on the back again :)

Same here, i actually brought the same adaptor but by some luck found a sharkfin, i can honestly say the avid v-brake i had on did a good enough job for me, but going full disk was an itch i had to scratch :roll:

My old one, but i prefered my rockhopper comp (like below), the one with the beam frame...i put Judy DH and a stiffer spring on and it was ACE !!!
resize0004.jpg

DSCF0763.jpg

For those of you who repainted and added new decals, where did you get them made?

Also, ideas for a good paint stripper that will get the job done so I don't have to wet sand much?

Back