Hi peeps, new to the site, here's my Ishibashi

Altronix

Dirt Disciple
New to the site and thought I'd say hi, and have a wee show and tell.

Here's my dear old friend, had her for over 16+ years. She's definitely showing her age these days. Trouble is when I get on, I can't help but ride it like I stole it. She eats rush hour traffic and city streets. Got a real nice weight to it, makes jumping it about a joy.

It's a 1980's Ishibashi, I've been trying to find out the model and brand for years with no luck.
I've played the serial number game and found nothing, and I've googled the hell out of the manufacture. So if anyone has any ideas I'd luv to hear.

The most unusual feature is the flat oval frame, top and bottom. It's about 3.5cm deep and 2cm at it's widest.

It came with Dia Compe brakes with an SR headset. The crank and seat have obviously been replaced over the years.

Originally the wheels were luvly orange Bernardi Mozzi Motor 'Free Styler' 6R's, until the cups died, big time.

I dream of restoring it one day, get her a new coat of chrome, she deserves it.

The BMX Museum has only 3 Ishibashi bikes on the books, and none are mine, grrr.

Attachments

• IMG_5638.jpg
    IMG_5638.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,325
  • IMG_5649.jpg
    IMG_5649.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,325
  • IMG_5646.jpg
    IMG_5646.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,325
  • IMG_5651.jpg
    IMG_5651.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,325
  • IMG_5655.jpg
    IMG_5655.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,326
  • IMG_5643.jpg
    IMG_5643.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,325
Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard!
That looks really cool and used as it should be.
Dont know anything about the Company but would be interested to find out more.
Jamie

The Frame has a little baseball symbol after the serial number - now this means it is a KOIZUMI made frame - they were a very good frame builder and made such frame for Kuwahara, some racing Raleighs, and a few others
so you have a top made frame by a great frame builder

as for the serial number - sorry don't know
maybe around 82-84

the forks are cheaper - you can see that the end caps have been pressed on

so did the original forks move some where else ? as i think a frame like this would of come with some thing like a Tange fork !

so i'm guessing a decent built bike with some good parts - i guess sold more on the eastern side of the world

can't give of find any more info at the mo :roll:

cheers B ;)

Hmm, I had been told the baseball symbol was the Ishibashi logo.
But I have seen a few Ishibashi serials and they didn't have any letters involved. So I'm happy to believe it could be Koizumi if you know your logos.

I see what you mean about the forks probably being a replacement. The welding doesn't match the frame and as you point out the end caps are press fitted. They're the forks that were on it when I got it second hand in London, so I've no idea where they got to.

Thanks for the input, most appreciated.

Yup Koizumi

Most parts on bmx's were moved around - swapped - broken and bought new - pocket money bought - older brother passing on bmx - some one might of been given the frame as it was early 80's and made up with odd bits

need a couple more pic's - side view of rear drop out - bottom bracket - down tube to brake stays where seat post is - brake stay so we can see the metal tube

SNC10794.jpg

SNC10030.jpg

cheers B ;)

Brilliant, Koizumi it is then.

Really hope these extra shots are what you need.

I'm now getting a wee bit excited that you might nail it once and for all as to what it is.

Altron.

Attachments

• IMG_5672.JPG
    IMG_5672.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,297
  • IMG_5671.JPG
    IMG_5671.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,297
  • IMG_5669.JPG
    IMG_5669.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,297
No not at all now. I had been wrongly informed on one of the other BMX forums that the baseball logo was Ishibashi.
But now Bendycat has put things straight, and it is definitely a Koizumi frame.
Which is absolutely fine by me, top quality craftsmanship :)

:LOL: I'm looking into it B but it's got me stumped at the moment.
I've asked the boys over in Australia so might get some joy there.

It'll be worth looking at the brands we know Koizumi built for and go from there.
I guess we can rule out Raleigh & Diamond Back?...

Back