lewis1641":1rfa9imi said:
look forward to seeing this built. i am always in awe of these frames

is that dust on the paint or under it?

It's only dust : my camera is too precise :LOL:

skolioza":2ow7zvdf said:
when You'll show the whole bike? ;)
When completed ! :LOL:
But a looooong way to the whole bike.
As we say in France : the longer it is, the finer it is.

Actually, Gil_M is working for me for adapting the size of the head badge to the very little head tube.
Some parts are in evolution too. I have received a bullseye crank, but I had to reduce the original diameter (22,2mm) to 22mm for more modern bearings.

… And I'm on a very more important project who's coming for february… ;)

an amazing project. so is the frame size correct for you? andthen next query...will this bike get ridden?

merckx":1nld7sv5 said:
is the frame size correct for you?
Will this bike get ridden?

Yes, it's my size
Secondly, Chris Herting recommended me to not riding it. On his opinion,“it's a piece of history, not a race bike”. I built the bike as if it will be riden. I think I will try it for knowing the feeling of riding a C26. But with a lot of care, and not in hard tracks. I don't think that the bike would be so brittle (he used a very good bounding agent. A friend who works a lot with it said me that it could be as strong as welding job, and there were a lot of bikes were steel and aluminum were bounded (some Raleigh technium for example)). But, like other bikes, a bad jump or a bad fall on rocks, and the frame would be destroy.
Ameybrook rode his C26, but only on road, because he used a bounded steel/carbon accutrax fork.

Back