Mr P Roadie Aftermath - Killin Us Softly with Steep Hills

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

Some top pics lads, how was the weather? Disane look too bad.

Weather was pretty grim at 10 - heavy rain. It eased a bit while we waited on Jamie, so that worked out pretty well, but factor in the stiff headwind heading up Glen Lochay and it wasn't a pleasant start. It got better once we got the first climb out the way and turned eastwards down Glen Lyon with the wind and rain (which was easing) at our backs, but we didn't really see sun until about 20 miles in. Rain stopped long enough to sit outside at the tea room, then we had a bit of drizzle on the final climb and then it stopped for good. Biggest problem was the wind, couldn't stop for very long before it got cold.

So you did the full 60 mile run then- well in :cool:

Take it this run would be a belter on a warm day with no wind then? One to revisit?

Nah, we cut it short to 35. In hindsight, we did the right thing as we probably got back to the car park with half an hour of light to spare. Lights next time.

It's definitely worth a revisit, I think we all agreed that Saturday would have been the ideal day, but I think the original 60 miler would be worth a revisit too on a long summer's day.

Mr P was talking about a re-run next month - short notice kind of thing... Check the forecast on the Thursday/Friday, and if the weather's looking good, see who's up for it. May or may not pan out.

Does sound epic, looking at Rado's(or is it Hilda Ogden) face I don't think I would have managed it at all.

P.S. Brilliant avatar Gaz.

Clockworkgazz wrote " So you did the full 60 mile run then- well in :cool:

Take it this run would be a belter on a warm day with no wind then? One to revisit?

Eeeegh No!
Due to the late start, shite weather, cold, wind, 2 killer climbs, dwindling light, we did a hard 35.5 miles but it felt more. Would I do it again YES in good weather and a more leisurely pace.

That last down hill section was fcukin brilliant hardly drop below 35mph on twisty, damp, gravely roads for about a mile, with loads of opportunities to fcukup big style :twisted:

Latest posts

Back