Bargain Ebay bike lights

I have one of these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220962577490?redirect=mobile

Non focusing but my god is it bright.. Has three settings first is just centre light, second is all three, third is the outer two.

For my general commute through a country park (unlit) the first setting is more than adequate and gives enough spread to effectively light a 6ft wide path.

The full setting is ridiculously bright with the smaller two adding a bit more spread to the beam without being 3 seperate spots.

The last setting is bright enough for general riding where there's a small amount of ambient light.

One charge will see approximately 7 hours on the first setting.. Not tried on the others as yet.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
legrandefromage":qtu7dqb8 said:
Just received one of these, ordered back in September so arrived just in time

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-XML-XM-L ... 0477864104

Absolutely spot on for quality. Am dismantling it for a bit of waterproofing but am impressed so far. No stupid flashing modes, comes with battery and charger but takes a few weeks to arrive.

Just ordered one at the insistence of my other half..

quite looking forward to building up my winter commuter again with this bad boy

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
BobCatMax":z68s7vrl said:
legrandefromage":z68s7vrl said:
Just received one of these, ordered back in September so arrived just in time

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-XML-XM-L ... 0477864104

Absolutely spot on for quality. Am dismantling it for a bit of waterproofing but am impressed so far. No stupid flashing modes, comes with battery and charger but takes a few weeks to arrive.

Just ordered one at the insistence of my other half..

quite looking forward to building up my winter commuter again with this bad boy

I also have one, excellent battery life, well built, no problems so far. As far as I can tell absoulutely no different from the ones that some chancer sells for 60 quid.

Nice little review LGF, couple with my Smart Owl (10W/4W Halogen) it'll do well.

Anyone know when import tax hits.
Say if I buy 2 of them together.
Or do two separate transaction ?

Just bought one too in the hope it'll help overcome my winter cycling apathy. Bought a new bike 6 weeks ago and rode it twice since, yet I'm trying to justify a fatbike in the stable as well. Swmbo needs to see me riding before I spunk more money on bikes.

Sheeeeeeit. I haven't even bought the thing yet :LOL:

I'm waiting for the ride to work scheme to start again as some how I'm eligible for that even though I drive a company van? Should be able to pick ill an on one fatty for sub £700 wih the scheme.

gavinda":cg8uog24 said:
Sheeeeeeit. I haven't even bought the thing yet :LOL:

I'm waiting for the ride to work scheme to start again as some how I'm eligible for that even though I drive a company van? Should be able to pick ill an on one fatty for sub £700 wih the scheme.

You're eligible as long as you ride the bike for the commute or at least some percentage of it.

Employees should use the bike mainly for commuting to and, if relevant, between work places (at least 50% of the bike’s use should be for work purposes). However, the bike can also be used for non-work purposes and there is no need for employers to monitor individual usage or for employees to keep a mileage log. Please note that employees cannot claim business mileage allowance with a bike that is being hired to them by their employer.

Also it's not your bike but the companies... You are hiring it, check what you'll need to pay at the end of the period as well as your sacrifice from pay.

But that's for another thread.

Back