strange request - recommend me a small screwdriver

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
my toolkit consists of tyre levers, patches, glue and allen keys that is good enough for all bike adjusments and repairs when out cycling but is lacking a small screwdriver as I discovered today - needed to adjust the stops for the front mech.

So folks, what screw driver would your recommend? A flat blade will do, needs to be decent quality but most of all needs to be small to fit into my tool case - so 30 - 50 mm max in length.

I am not looking for some multi tool, different screwdriver bits etc. just something small and light that will allow me to turn the mech adjustment screws.

(I am toying with grinding down one of the allen keys to give a flat blade at one end).

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have had one of these for donkey's.

z_ritchey_cpr_14.jpg

Kindly linked from the article on Bike Pro.
http://www.bikepro.com/products/chains/chaintools.html

^^^^ interesting suggestion and worth considering if the allen heads are no larger then the posi heads

It would be 4 bolts per bike (or 5 if the b-stop is also replaced) and I could save weight by using Al bolts (as done on SRAM X0).... mutliplied by the number of bikes x 78 p is ..... errr. quite a lot .... unfortunately just sent an order to probolt.

Back