Ron cooper .. More pics/info..

Plus one

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Hi all

Picking this up hopefully next few days.. Sorry pics ain't the best will have more to go on once collected.. Anyone shed any light on this..? Tubing is columbus not sure which one.. Was hoping paint was original but looking at some ron cooper bikes on here the decal on seat tube does not look right and colour scheme looks bit off.. Either way it has chorus brakes and record cranks/shifters/mechs and wheels so should be nice once rebuilt..

Untitled by Plus one2010, on Flickr

Any info/thoughts most welcome ..

Cheers

Col :)

I would guess it's the original paint due to chrome chain stay.

Regarding the tubing sticker, Ron Cooper frames are generally custom built and could be built of a variety of tubing. I've got one which didn't have any tubing decal, so I've absolutely no idea what it's made of, not that it matters, it rides sweet and is more than likely to be made with a decent tubeset.

You could always phone Ron up and ask him. He still builds frames on the Colour Tech premises in Dartford, Kent.

http://www.colour-tech.co.uk/

oaklec":2guobbrr said:
I would guess it's the original paint due to chrome chain stay.

Regarding the tubing sticker, Ron Cooper frames are generally custom built and could be built of a variety of tubing. I've got one which didn't have any tubing decal, so I've absolutely no idea what it's made of, not that it matters, it rides sweet and is more than likely to be made with a decent tubeset.

You could always phone Ron up and ask him. He still builds frames on the Colour Tech premises in Dartford, Kent.

http://www.colour-tech.co.uk/

Hi thanks for contact number I'll definitely follow up .. As you say the tube set is not of major importance just my train of thought being it has record/chorus kit on there it must be decent tubing :)

Any idea on the fork markings ? Is this maker stamps ?

Hoping the paint is original just I noticed a small imperfection in blue paint on pic above seat tube decal ? Looks like something got onto frame possibly on respray ?

I'm looking forward to collect Wednesday :)

Cheers

Col

cooper frame

Col,

As a former owner of a Cooper frame (sadly sold :( /wish I kept :oops: )
the fork lug cut outs are certainly a Cooper feature as his frequent use of Columbus tubing; one other item to look out for & certain provenance is the letter "C" embossed in the lower headtube lug.
There is a link to Cooper from the www.classicrendezvous.com website...

hope this helps

CC

Re: cooper frame

colnagokid":ghx9xd9k said:
Col,

As a former owner of a Cooper frame (sadly sold :( /wish I kept :oops: )
the fork lug cut outs are certainly a Cooper feature as his frequent use of Columbus tubing; one other item to look out for & certain provenance is the letter "C" embossed in the lower headtube lug.
There is a link to Cooper from the www.classicrendezvous.com website...

hope this helps

CC

Hi thanks for link .. Loads of good stuff on there :) Did Ron cooper build under
Any other name ? Can't see an obvious link on the British isles page :(

Cheers

Col

Re: cooper frame

colnagokid":29kxbxic said:
Col,

He was Gillott's last frame builder......

Thanks bit of a Luddite with the roadie stuff :oops:

This is the place to learn though :cool:

anagrama":2v7wicxc said:
I had a Saba frame that had those playing-card cut-outs on the inside of the fork.

A common ready to use commercial frame part used by many builders.

Back