DMR Trailstar - from zero to hero....

Good to see progress.

I also had one of the original trailstars - IIRC it was number 76.

I flatted back the powdercoat and gave it an over spray and new decals (again from Joel).

It was surprisingly light ( well lighter than my BMX )

Tempted by another :cool:

IMGP1813.jpg

letmetalktomark":43gu7j6w said:
Good to see progress.

I also had one of the original trailstars - IIRC it was number 76.

I flatted back the powdercoat and gave it an over spray and new decals (again from Joel).

It was surprisingly light ( well lighter than my BMX )

Tempted by another :cool:

IMGP1813.jpg

This frame doesn't feel light!! Although next to a period freestyle BMX it might feel very light indeed.

This is going to be set up to ride longer distances, but with a drop of the saddle ready to hit the jumps!

Hey, love the trailstar! I have a set of bomber z1s from 2001 in top condition, they are black and silver, would suit this bike a treat, £100 posted if you're interested, drop me a line ;)

konaben82":1e5cjpvp said:
Hey, love the trailstar! I have a set of bomber z1s from 2001 in top condition, they are black and silver, would suit this bike a treat, £100 posted if you're interested, drop me a line ;)

Too expensive for me I'm afraid, thanks anyway

I have a friend who is an industrial welder - he does really high spec engineering stuff. I showed him the frame and what the problem was and he said he could sort it out easily.

I said to him just build it up with weld and I'll file it back. He said "no I will do it all as I want it done properly". I know he has high standards so he really wants it to be excellent if his name is ever mentioned as the person who did it! So quite reassuring I think.

COLOUR. I don't like white bikes so it isn't going to be white again BUT it has to go with the blue decals. I thought black, maybe red would be ok too. My favourite choice at the moment would be a bluey grey, like battleship grey maybe but with a gloss finish. I think that would go well with the silver finishing kit and anodised blue parts.

Hey nice project? I'm planning on building mine up, its in 1998 on section. Debating mods and colour change so new stickers could be helpful! Also unsure of seat post, seems like 26.0+?

26.8 for mine not sure how to link mine in the post 97 region off the iPad.
Search I guess.
Mine was a resto mod with a fox vanilla 140 on it

Select the URL, press copy and paste into a new post.
99% of my posts on here have been from an iPhone - including all the picture posts!

Back