2004 Dekerf Implant

Dekerf rules, and that turned out very nice. You are in for a treat on the trail.

How cool are those rasta colours on the Velociraptor lettering.
Must have seen it a 1000 times but here it stands out.

And how about painting the fork lowers to match the frame 90's style?

Enjoy!!

IbocProSX":2f1fhl5d said:
Dekerf rules, and that turned out very nice. You are in for a treat on the trail.

How cool are those rasta colours on the Velociraptor lettering.
Must have seen it a 1000 times but here it stands out.

And how about painting the fork lowers to match the frame 90's style?

Enjoy!!

I had to go with the velociraptors just because of the rasta colours! I money was no object then I would've had the fork lowers painted but the deciding factor was that I've never dismantled and put back together suspension forks before :oops:

suburbanreuben":3gyorpz2 said:
That is a real corker! :cool:

Thanks Nick and thanks for putting me in touch with Casper in the first place :D

D033430A-CDA1-44BE-958F-F3517319C273-399-0000017325C0B766.jpg

;) we'll have to arrange a ride somewhere. Get it covered in scenery :cool:

Now that is a bloody lovely bike :cool: really nicely spec'd and detailed. I reckon you've totally nailed it, nicest Implant I've ever saw.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. This was my first complete build for years and is much more modern than any of my previous ones so I wasn't sure if I'd get it right.

I managed to find a spare hour for a test ride today and to be honest I was blown away (in between feeling sick due to my lack of fitness :LOL: ).

It is a far better bike than I am a rider and I found that I could get up the hills in a bigger gear than I would usually use. The traction is fantastic on the climbs and on the short but steep descent at the end of the ride it was sure footed and well balanced. I got home with a huge smile on my face and can't wait to get out on a bit longer ride. I fancied the Groovy Luv Handles since I first saw them and I wasn't disappointed, they really worked for me.

Here's a couple of photo's from the ride.....
dscf4576l.jpg

dscf4581z.jpg

dscf4586.jpg

dscf4583.jpg

dscf4587r.jpg

A while ago i contacted Chris Dekerf and told him that i really liked my Team SST i then had but i was a bit dissapointed the way the bike rode when i was descending. He told me to have a look at the implant because that is a bike that can be set up to climb just as well as the team SST but it descends so much better. So this bike is the best of both worlds.

If you find some spare cash, i would invest that in a dropper seatpost.

Back