gt lts shock soloution ?

You'll need a 140 mm eye to eye replacement. there are few about at all bar a Risse unit

The later trunnion mount back ends and the earlier eyes at both ends are in n way interchangeable

Re: Risse Genesis for LTS 97

Preloved BIkes":3pks54rg said:
I recently picked up a risse genesis trunion damper direct from risse in the states. I paid around £150 for the shock, £50 to post and got stung with a £50 import tax bill. Ouch.

Looks nice, but doesn't fit. The genesis damper is a lot wider that the standard shock or the fox float, and hence so is the trunion. Without machining/drilling there is no way I can get the trunion into my linkage.

Am I being a complete plonker or missing something? I've had a few people look and no solutions as yet.

I just looked at pics online and you'll kick yourself ...
you just unscrew the trunnion ring and fit that first, then screw the body back on and fit the bottom pivot bolt last.

(Assuming you've got the gt one and not the cannondale one which looks a bigger diameter)

I am planning to put one together soon, and rather than upgrading the spring will probably go down the replace with an air shock, got too used to having rear lockout to live without it now.

Will report my findings when I get on with it. Could be a while. ;)

I did buy the simple Risse solution for my lts 1000. Apart from the bottom support spacing that was 3/4" too shallow, the shock was great! For the first 4 miles. Then I heard a disturbing PFFFFFFSST and found my bike in a puddle of oil that originated from the Risse shock. What a bummer. Luckily they come with a one year warranty. However, after two and a half weeks since my email reporting this issue, I have not heard from them. Anyone's others experiences would be a welcome addition, as I hope that I am just being unlucky in all aspects with them.

Besides that: has anyone done some really hard riding and for some distance too, with the brass inserts?

Re:

Preloved BIkes":18cm5vfr said:
Does anyone know if you can fit a pre 97 back end to a 97 front end? :shock:

They do not interchange. Well...chainstays *might*.

Measure twice, bid on ebay once.

I bought my STS with original RS Deluxe shock :

sts39.jpg

..then I have installed a Fox Float RC from a Jekyll :

sts64.jpg

...and today I ride with Risse Genesis :

55wx.jpg

I am happy with the Genesis, which is as light as Fox (around 300gr), works smoothly and quietly, and look great.

Of course, the Fox have lot of tuning possibility, but I am not gifted for shock tuning..

I confirm that Risse trunion is a little bit difficult to install between suspension arms, but it's possible, I done it.

I am interested by your metallic chips, how much do you sell these ?

Rear ends

I run a 97 rear on a 96 front.... all running on bearings.. bar Horst link... top alloy link was ground to be a bit wider to fit then made fit with old pivots and washers and bearings... used it for 7 years faultless...

Latest posts

Back