gt lts shock soloution ?

Re: LTS Risse

Preloved BIkes":20nkzhsr said:
On a more positive note, I recently bought an LTS donor bike with a full BETD bearing kit fitted. The back end is super smooth (unlike the standard squeeky bushes) and there is no lateral play! Well done BETD!

Has anyone else got any alternative suggestions for bringing LTS/STS back ends up to date??? :D

The betd beariung kits are ok, but the big bearings need even more tlc than the std plastic shims cos they arny sealed.
The small horst link etc bearings are pretty much fit and forget though (excepting getting the stupid horst link screws to stay put - I use silicon engine sealant to keep them tight)
The big bearings are also a fair bit narrower than the std bushes so when they start wearing and moving, you get more movement than with the shims :(
They also give a big clonk when pedalling when they have worn out - far more annoying that the squeak from the trunnion pivot !

My rs shock seems ok, lts 2000 98 model. Seems firm and both red and blue dials work fine. Maybe yours needs a rebuild?
I was having a read through the setup manual someone posted on here for the lts and sts and the thermoplastic lobo. It seemed to specify that these models rely on both negative and positive travel being present to maximise the damping and handling characteristic so I'm wondering of yours is set up right? I.e. the 1 inch of sag and rebound compression setting being right. I'm not suggesting you don't know what your doing, far from it but it just seems odd that you say the super deluxe is dreadful when so many say it's good? I thought my lts was awful truly the worst bike I had ever owned until I spent some time getting it "dialed in" and then it was transformed. I have some way to go with components but the suspension is fantastic now and it's a rs super deluxe. I know ba7stard on here knows his beans when it comes to getting these right and it is a perseverance thing. It does take time to get it right though.
Disregard this if you have exhausted these options and have had enough of gt lts bikes though! I'm just trying to be helpful as I know what I felt when I got my lts and thought it was pants!

I need to fit this
6a3adab4.jpg

With this!
F5519A61-2EED-453A-8809-3AB8DE7E7585-2320-00000360F161091C.jpg

Any easy fix or am I looking at a bank loan? :(

Tc

Chute55uk":2st2535e said:
My rs shock seems ok, lts 2000 98 model. Seems firm and both red and blue dials work fine. Maybe yours needs a rebuild?

Maybe you've been lucky !
I think the basic models are possible a bit better than the super deluxe actually.
My super deluxe was annoying for years until the seal blew and I had it rebuilt by tf tuned (good guys there !) who asked me how the damping had been before it went ... as they know the adjustment is crap as std.
It had a much better range after they rebuilt it.
Unfortunately its just gone again, after feeling dodgy for some time.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Tc":16nrbj39 said:
I need to fit this
6a3adab4.jpg

With this!

Tc

that's a pre-trunnion frame, i think they'll take any shock you can get bushes for

cce":vcw3amo1 said:
Tc":vcw3amo1 said:
I need to fit this
6a3adab4.jpg

With this!

Tc

that's a pre-trunnion frame, i think they'll take any shock you can get bushes for

It's how it fits to the top I don't get.

T

Tc":37d6vkga said:

T

Thats because it wont - it hasnt got an eye at either end which is what your frame needs.
That shock is for a trunnion mount - it expects to use a threaded-collar with pivots either side

phil_h":1al2xu3r said:
Tc":1al2xu3r said:

T

Thats because it wont - it hasnt got an eye at either end which is what your frame needs.
That shock is for a trunnion mount - it expects to use a threaded-collar with pivots either side

Bloody hell that cost me a bit too! :cry:

T

Back