gt lts shock soloution ?

GT LTS non trunnion shock

Here is a perfect example of a great application for a risse shock.
For this bike, they have three of their models available, unlike only the lowest end version for the trunnion mounts.
Unfortunately, fox shocks in that short of a length/stroke, are no longer available, and Ive not seen one for sale in a looooooong time.

Good luck,
Aaron Land

Any updates on how well any replacements work ?
I've still not seen anything on the market that looks like it has a better ride than my lts.
The rear shock is def the weakest link ;)

Risse Genesis for LTS 97

I recently picked up a risse genesis trunion damper direct from risse in the states. I paid around £150 for the shock, £50 to post and got stung with a £50 import tax bill. Ouch.

Looks nice, but doesn't fit. The genesis damper is a lot wider that the standard shock or the fox float, and hence so is the trunion. Without machining/drilling there is no way I can get the trunion into my linkage.

Am I being a complete plonker or missing something? I've had a few people look and no solutions as yet.

Did you get a specific LTS shock or just a trunnion mount. most shocks are specific (or have dimension limits) for each and every bike

LTS Risse

I bought the specific GT LTS/STS shock as displayed on their website fitted to an STS. I have emailed their customer services people asking for an explanation / refund.

I've spent this afternoon playing with the 3 Super Deluxes and 1 Coupe Deluxe that I am unfortunate enough to own. These shocks are truly dreadful. One of them is NOS and still the damping is almost not existant.

I am therefore planning to buy a Jekyl with a trunnion mounted Fox Float R and get a local engineering firm to machine me up a trunnion (or 2 as a I have 2 STS's to cater for).

On a more positive note, I recently bought an LTS donor bike with a full BETD bearing kit fitted. The back end is super smooth (unlike the standard squeeky bushes) and there is no lateral play! Well done BETD!

Has anyone else got any alternative suggestions for bringing LTS/STS back ends up to date??? :D

unusual for it not to fit full stop as i have had good service off Risse previously.

IU wholeheartedly agree about the truly and epicly crap performance of those RS shocks.
Poor damping and no chance of the oil staying int he shock for long either (when what little damping becomes non existent)

Re: Risse Genesis for LTS 97

Preloved BIkes":pkyzz4qf said:
I recently picked up a risse genesis trunion damper direct from risse in the states. I paid around £150 for the shock, £50 to post and got stung with a £50 import tax bill. Ouch.

Looks nice, but doesn't fit. The genesis damper is a lot wider that the standard shock or the fox float, and hence so is the trunion. Without machining/drilling there is no way I can get the trunion into my linkage.

Am I being a complete plonker or missing something? I've had a few people look and no solutions as yet.

Do you mean its too fat to jiggle in to position or too fat to fit.
Having just had to swap mime for my spare cos the seal just blew, I've been reminded what a pig it is to get the std one in place.

What diameter is the main shock body ?

Can you remove the body from the threaded collar and get the collar in place and then put the body back in the collar ?

Info would be appreciated as I'm (was !) thinking of buying a Risse !

Back