kojima desert dueller

DIAMONDHACK

Dirt Disciple
Hi, I am a long time lurker of this site, I guess it is about time I posted something...

I headed to a recycle centre last week as I wanted a new (old) crankset. I saw a sorry looking bike covered in grime but decided to leave it there. I went back 3 days later and the poor thing was still there. I couldn't just leave it there sad and lonely. Today I gave it a quick clean and uncovered a fairly nice bike. Some nice running gear, though the shifters/brakes are ready for retirement.

I had never seen a U-Brake before, this one is missing a pad but seems functional. I guess I need a shim or guide on the seat tube to protect the paint, from the brake cable?

I could not find info on this bike online but I think the "K" stands for Kojima. A bike brand from Western Australia. It is also marked INDI on the BB.

Not sure if I will restore it, but I reckon a seat would be a worth while investment.
DSCF5430.jpg

[/img]
DSCF5431.jpg

DSCF5432.jpg

[/img]
DSCF5435.jpg

DSCF5436.jpg

[/img]
DSCF5437.jpg

DSCF5438.jpg

[/img]
DSCF5439.jpg

DSCF5440.jpg
[/img]

Boy I am overwhelmed with the replies on this one, poor me (don't worry I know it is a odd ball bike that probably only Aussies have info on).

scrubbed up

Here is an update on the bike... loads of excess of the weight was hiding in the chunky rear cluster and an extremely thick rear tube.

I made up the u brake guide with a plastic cable guide clamp and a couple of cable ties.

Brush painted, gloss white. If anyone ever reads this who has kojima decals please get in touch.

SAM_0054.jpg

SAM_0055.jpg
[/img]

DIAMONDHACK":1tko2164 said:
Yeah, but new grips would double the build cost.

:LOL: -- A man after my own heart! hehe.

Very interesting bike you got there. I do like to see the unusual, or seldom seen bikes of this era. I love that you've repurposed it and given it a new lease of life.

Back