Campag Hub - Now With PIcs

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I have discovered that my spare front wheel has a Campag hub. Is there an easy way to identify it? It has a large flange (i forget what this is actually called!). The Campag logo is in the centre but there are no other markings, the QR lever is marked Campag as is the bolt on the axle.

Also, I have looked at the spokes, which could do with replacing although they might clean up - is there any point trying to save them. I note they are double-butted and stamped on the end with a logo which looks like four circles in a clover pattern - my eyesight is getting worse.

All info is greatly appreciated.

Apologies that pics are so large - still trying to get the hang of this.

Stick up some pic's mate! That will draw the attention of the viewers and you will get your answer.

If the spokes are rusty bin them, If they are just mucky clean them and refit to wheel,
Some will say if you strip a wheel down you have to renew the spokes! This is not in my
rule book as i've stripped many wheels and replaced hubs/rims and rebuilt the wheels using
the original spokes. But if any spokes have been snapping in the past then do renew the spokes.

Pics of the hub

Attachments

• 2 IMGP1149.jpg
    2 IMGP1149.jpg
    488.3 KB · Views: 485
  • 2 IMGP1150.jpg
    2 IMGP1150.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 484
  • 2 IMGP1151.jpg
    2 IMGP1151.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 484
  • 2 IMGP1152.jpg
    2 IMGP1152.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 484
Shaun, how you were able to find that defeats me, thanks very much.

Any opinions as to whether it is wise or not to look for a rear hub to match would be appreciated. The second option would be shimano - 600ax probably.

Now had a mental block on the spokes I can see....14/16 with the logo on the spoke heads. I had mine built with Robergel spokes IIRC but a bit late to go to the garage and check :)

Shaun

Back