Tushingham Resource Pool

ededwards":1929wq88 said:
sinnerman":1929wq88 said:
ededwards":1929wq88 said:
I'm pretty sure that pink Yates was the one I briefly had, now in Holland.

I know it was a big un, but i wish you still had it... :oops:

Id love to find one in my size.

Not really big at all, certainly too small for me.

how tall are you??? the one in the pic is a 21" may be a 22".

ededwards":4sxmpu5o said:
sinnerman":4sxmpu5o said:
ededwards":4sxmpu5o said:
I'm pretty sure that pink Yates was the one I briefly had, now in Holland.

I know it was a big un, but i wish you still had it... :oops:

Id love to find one in my size.

Not really big at all, certainly too small for me.

I suppose i am asking.....What size did you have? If not tha same as the one pictured.....

This would mean there were two around that we would know of...?

Any additional info would be appreciated.

Not sure I've much to add as my memory isn't the best after 30 days let alone 30 months.

I think it was a 22" frame but a very short one. I'm also pretty sure that those photos are the same ones that I got when I agreed to buy it.

ededwards":21fqgel8 said:
Not sure I've much to add as my memory isn't the best after 30 days let alone 30 months.

I think it was a 22" frame but a very short one. I'm also pretty sure that those photos are the same ones that I got when I agreed to buy it.

Im pretty sure too, which is a great shame, i had hoped there was a slightly smaller one still out there some where that could be sought out.

I am amazed at how little this was sold for, although a few years ago now, it just proves one mans rags are another mans riches.

Here are some scans showing the spec of the B52 and Tushingham Works Replica taken from Bicycle Action in 1988.

B52 first then TWR, the specs run right across two pages.

Attachments

• twr pt 2.jpg
    twr pt 2.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 722
  • twr pt 1.jpg
    twr pt 1.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 723
  • b52 pt 2.jpg
    b52 pt 2.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 720
  • b52 pt 1.jpg
    b52 pt 1.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 721
  • cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 721
Cheers Adrian.

The Tushingham works replica info is great. But there is more on that list than just the TWR that ought to be noted.

Fantastic info, and with Prices too.

:cool:

Some dude on his Tush

p1080034r.jpg

And some early Orange Clockwork images:

p1080032w.jpg

p1080033w.jpg

p1080035k.jpg

sinnerman":21uaca6c said:
longun":21uaca6c said:
sinnerman":21uaca6c said:
I am no expert, but i think thats a B52, (but i clearly could be wrong, as i am only going from memory)

Originally only supplied in my area, by a Windsurfing/sailing store that also sold bikes, and this store only ventured into the mountain bike market, due to the Tushingham brand, and there obvious windsurfing background. If memory serves me right it would have been neon and white.

I was told either correctly or incorrectly, it all originated from a resprayed Muddy fox Courier, again this could all have been a load of bull, but i was young and keen, the similarities are there, perhaps the same far east manufacturer...??? who knows... i myself would love for Lester to fill in the blanks, after all without this.....would Orange have ever been...?

You have a real piece of Uk mountain bike history there my friend, and i am amazed at the condition to be fair.

sensational.

Talk to Maverick hes the man when it comes to these.

was said shop in plymouth and run by 2 long haired lads, near the river plym? near the frieght raliway depot???

if so, i remeber them very well and used to pop in for a coke mosty weekends to look at bikes and bits lol

The windsurfing shop in plymouth was at Queen Annes Battery, for the life of me the name illudes me.

Pretty sure the windsurf shop you are talking about was Hotlines wasn't it? They were a windsurf shop at QAB before they became a mountain bike distributor.

Back