1990 Haro Extreme

Looks great. Just needs a clean and perhaps new cables and a chain.
Definitely one to keep as original as possible.

I always wanted an Extreme BITD.

drystonepaul":3iy98uz3 said:
Looks great. Just needs a clean and perhaps new cables and a chain.
Definitely one to keep as original as possible.

I always wanted an Extreme BITD.

Its gonna need a new saddle and pedals as well but that's all I'm gonna change on it. I'd like to keep the original paint work ideally but that's out of the question, the condition just isn't good enough. I like the idea of the colour scheme being vibrant. Don't know what colour I want to paint it yet but definately something bright and I'm gonna get white cables again. :)

Reality motorworks in Fishponds can do allsorts of cool stuff with paint and powder

pic i took on the ride home earlier

sean

haro.jpg

cce":32warn6u said:
Reality motorworks in Fishponds can do allsorts of cool stuff with paint and powder

Sounds good but probably a bit high budget for this one.... iv'e gone down to argos today and they have quoted me £50 to blast the frame plus an additional £10 for the forks, and i would need it treated for rust on top of that, so i have decided to do all the prep work and painting myself

sean

iv'e sanded down part of the top tube and given it a lick of black paint. i dont plan on keeping the paintwork as it is horrible, but i just couldnt help sorting out a bit of the rust. :roll:
p4pb8830461.jpg

IMG-20121026-00233.jpg

IMG-20121026-00232.jpg
here are some pics of the today.

Hers a few pics of the frame and fork before work begins

p4pb8833419.jpg

p4pb8833423_zps26a34d76.jpg

p4pb8833431.jpg

p4pb8833428_zps7f906920.jpg

May 1990 i presume
p4pb8833434.jpg

i begun to remove the graphics with a meat cleaver i found in the kitchen (of all things :LOL:) and the paint just easilly scraped away with them.... i guess 22 years of wear and tear had taken its toll on the paintwork. ive decided to continue with this method as its far cheaper than having the frame shot blasted at argos... then I'm going to use nitro mors to get in all the tight places such as around the welds. should hopefully have the frame completely stripped and sanded within a week or so.... I just need to start thinking about colours now :D http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=227308

pics:
IMG-20121027-00262.jpg

frame.jpg

Corr' Blimey! a medium is 19.5 :LOL:

I'm excited to see how this turns out! It's great that the attention you're lavishing on this bike is probably more than it's received in it's 22 years of existence - Good on 'ya :D.

Back