pinarello prince rebuild

deko

Retro Newbie
hi this is my 2002 pinarello prince.i bought the frame off ebay for £158.00 last winter.its very light being made from pinarello extreme sc 61:10 AKET alloy with carbon rear stays and fork.ive noticed lately there are some goob bargains to be found in alloy as it seems to be right out of fashion.it was built by early spring and i was super impressed by the ride.it started out with mavic ssc sl wheels but i decided to put new bearings in my campy zondas to match the campy centaur groupo.i built it up using NOS and quality used bits(lots of wheeling and dealing u know how it goes)bars are deda newton,stem itm millenium(which u can get new for peanuts now).selle italia max flite super comfy saddle and the only non italian parts conti tyers,did have vittorias but those germans sure can make tyers.mabey not a true retro yet! but not fashionable and thats why i like it and hope all of you like it too cheers

Attachments

• prince project 008.jpg
    prince project 008.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,634
Good work, that's a nice looking bike you've built up there. I much prefer the older Pinarello's frames to the newer ones and it looks like you've done it justice.

Lovely

That looks really nice.
Everything seems to match in just right.
Seems like you picked up a bargain and with any Pinarello you cant really go wrong. These were high end frames when they came out, so in fashion or not in fashion, you've got a great riding frame for a really good price.
Ride and enjoy.

Jamie

hi cheers guys went for the the look of 2002 but with more modern/lighter/easier to maintain equipment.she has already covered a few hundred miles this summer,allmost always got wet at some point on ride so she is defo not a show piece.the ride quality is ex and it even gets my lardy carcuss up the steep stuff.thanks for comments.

Back