Great big Singlespeed thread!

Moustache, moustache!

(feels like a klunker!)

large_dbr1.jpg

...looking good - looks like you have managed to set it up without a tensioner?

Glad to see the old girl back on the road

Ade

Bit late to the party but I do seem to have a SS fetish, ideally twinned with steel frames! :-S

P8104192.jpg

As an experiment it's a sort of Fixed Gear Freestyle lookalike, though at some point I'm going to alter bits and pieces as I go to try out combos, the bar/stem/tyres and maybe try it fixed off road and freewheeling everywhere!
Hope you like

P9044547.jpg

The 24 experiment

P9044585.jpg

and the trio inc slightly customised Day One.

BMX and Trailstar next!

Just a question (don't have a SS to show yet) - does it make sense to convert a full suspension bike to single speed? The chainrings, chain and sprocket are in rather bad condition, so is the front mech ... but put many new parts on it and need a commuter anyway. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mathias

Doesnt sound like best idea in theory, some full suss need the chain to extend and shorten as the swing arm moves so at minimum would need a spring loaded chain tensioner, some designs are less affected. Full suss isn't the best commute tool either, alternative could be a chain device and a few fresh gears at the back. Or a radical Full suss supermoto SS street cruiser! :D

Thanks :D it would look little like the one above since it is a Kona FS (the Manomano in my signature), I guess I'd need a chain tensioner anyway since the dropouts are vertical and not horizontal ones. Supermoto SS street cruiser sound interesting, this could be a working title should i decide to go for singlespeed.

Back